Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mook

6 weeks to lose 6lbs (or more) - do you want to?

84 posts in this topic

Well I started mine last Thursday and today was the first proper weigh in (although i've actually been checking my weight each day).

I've lost 5lbs in the last week :eek:

Basically i've been recording the calories i'm consuming, dropped them down to about 1700 per day and been doing a couple of 6 - 8 mile bike rides. Seems to be working :)

I am watching what I eat, but not too much. I have cut out snacking too which does help.

Ran a bit too much this week, tried the interval thing, but its frustrating me a little. i could genuinely do with having someone to run with to get me going a bit quicker.

Any how, this weekend is looking like a bad one. Already out on Friday, just been invited to a proper US style BBQ with a genuine BBQ 'chef', and then booked into a superb place for lunch with my brother on Sunday.

12st 9lbs today - lets see what goes on this weekend. And before you say it, I just can't help myself when it comes to BBQ food and big yorkshires!!

I just can't help myself when it comes to BBQ food and big yorkshires!!

I hear you! :grin:

I'm actually quite shocked at how many calories are in food ..... think my only saving grace is I do cook virtually every night as opposed to "bung-in-oven" dinners and take-aways but we have cut down the portion size (cept for biscuits, I can't help myself :P) and have upped the exercise so hopefully we will be on the right track (and yes the jambalaya was good, maybe a little more spice next time +++)

I know the 6lbs in 6 weeks thing never happened but as it's now 6 weeks since I started my diet I thought i'd post up progress so far...

Weigh in today was 14st 13.25lbs, that means i've got below the 15st barrier for the first time in over 10 years :D:beer:

So in the 6 weeks i've lost 13.75lbs another 0.25lbs and it would have been a full stone. I'm quite happy with that.

Also means since the 3 month personal challenge in September last year (where I started at 16st 10.5lbs) i've lost over 25lbs, that did include an 8 month hiatus where I regained 8lbs so technically i've actually lost 33lbs :grin: not in SamD territory but still pleased with that. But this is carrying on until early Feburary I think my aim is to try and get down to 14st which over 4 months is a little under a lb a week, although Xmas will intervene :)

I have just lost 1.25 pounds shy of a stone (also putting on muscle) by healthy eating, smaller portions and exorcise. Also did that in 6 wks,

feel great.

Gained 3 lbs in two weeks going out an eating in London.

This thread is useless!

:D