Golf Mk6 GT ( Diesal 140bhp ) 09 iPod question

Just about to pick a diesel 09 plate GT and the dealer mentioned something about needing an iPod interface fitting in the glove box. THe arm rest has a cable, does this allow me to play music via the radio ? And do the steering wheel controls work, or is this linked to the iPod via this box the chap was talking about ?

Are they easy to fit / get hold of ?

Cheers

c

The GT should have MDI (multi device interface) as standard. The socket is under the centre arm rest. The car should have been supplied with both an iPod and a USB cable. These are available from VW for about £18 I think. The steering wheel controls can be used to drive the MDI.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies everyone. I picked up the car today and other than having to ask for the cables, its great! I plugged the iPod in and straight away it worked even with the steering wheel controls :-)

The rest of the car is rather lovely too!!! But its the little things!

Its interesting that they ( Martins of Basingstoke ) had tried to sell me the iPod connectivity to allow full control, maybe they hadnt read the 09 manual! I wonder what else I have that they didnt know...

Cheers

Chris