MMI version

century_one

Hi Guys

Just bought a 2010 A6 Le Mans (pick it up next week) and this is the first Audi I will have owned that has the MMI.

As far as I know its the standard Le Mans spec but I was just wondering which version of the MMI would be fitted?

All I know is that the car was registered May 2010 and it has a disc navigation system.

Would this model also have an aux socket as standard? (I forgot to look!)

Many thanks

Navigation Low, with DVD nav and 2x SD cards. Aux is not standard AFAIK

Thanks for the reply…

So if I wanted to update the software or get the latest nav disc, firstly how would I find out if I had the latest versions and secondly, If required, where would i get these from?

Oh and will the MMI be generation 1, 2 or 3?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply…

So if I wanted to update the software or get the latest nav disc, firstly how would I find out if I had the latest versions and secondly, If required, where would i get these from?

Oh and will the MMI be generation 1, 2 or 3?

Cheers

Be very wary of online sellers offering 2012 3G Navigation DVDs. I bought one and it turned out to be 2009 data (Google refunded my money after the seller failed to communicate with me for a refund and they stopped dealing with him). As I understand it the 2012 disk needs to be "unlocked" by the dealer for it to work, which probably explains why so few are being offered online. If the cars is from an Audi dealer see if they will either update for free or at least give you a healthy discount. Worth checking as the car may have AMI, check in the glovebox, if there is a connector in the left hand side of the roof of the glovebox then it has AMI and you can connect either an iPod/iPhone or another type of device with either a USB or 3.5mm socket all depending on the leads you get. Also you can use the SD Card slots (up to 32Gb each) for storing music

Be very wary of online sellers offering 2012 3G Navigation DVDs. I bought one and it turned out to be 2009 data (Google refunded my money after the seller failed to communicate with me for a refund and they stopped dealing with him). As I understand it the 2012 disk needs to be "unlocked" by the dealer for it to work, which probably explains why so few are being offered online. If the cars is from an Audi dealer see if they will either update for free or at least give you a healthy discount. Worth checking as the car may have AMI, check in the glovebox, if there is a connector in the left hand side of the roof of the glovebox then it has AMI and you can connect either an iPod/iPhone or another type of device with either a USB or 3.5mm socket all depending on the leads you get. Also you can use the SD Card slots (up to 32Gb each) for storing music

Thanks for the info!

I didn't buy the car from an audi dealership but I will give my local one a call to see what they can offer me in terms of the latest DVD and software update if required. What is the most recent software update and when was it released by the way?

I did notice the 2 SD card slots in the glovebox so I may be using those to play MP3s from if you say that is an option. I take it the normal 6 CD changer plays MP3 discs as the symphony does in my current A4?

Oh and another question that has probably been asked a billion times (sorry)…

Does a SDHC card work in the SD slot?

Cheers again!

Edited by century_one

So picked the car up at the weekend…

Really pleased with everything but a couple more questions for you guys…

1. Got a low battery charge message pop up on screen the day I picked it up whilst filling up the tank. Is this normal bearing in mind the car has been sat in a dealers yard for 3 weeks or should I get it checked? This message hasn't appeared since the fuel stop and I have been driving the car all weekend!

2. The MMI software version is BNav_EU_P0022_D1. Is there a newer update available and if there is, are there any benefits if I wish to upgrade?

Thanks once again!

Edited by century_one