Audi A6 - Am i missing Bluetooth???

Have just picked up my 2010 Audi A6 today and have been trying to get the bluetooth working. I can see the option in the setup to turn it on, but when i do none of the other option become active. Have tried to search for it through my phone but no joy. Really feel like i am banging my head against a brick wall and feeling stupid.

Am i missing bluetooth or am i being stupid?

Thanks in advance.

A 2010 A6 with bluetooth allows you to search for phone from the MMI at anytime, If you push the TEL button the option should be shown.

Phone must be "visible" in bluetooth.

You can also search from phone for the car for a the MMIxxxx device.

If it says "Telephone not Installed" then you do not have bluetooth.

Car must be stationary with the ignition on, but it is not like the old days of pairing up within a few minutes.

Edited by craigyb

A 2010 A6 with bluetooth allows you to search for phone from the MMI at anytime, If you push the TEL button the option should be shown.

Phone must be "visible" in bluetooth.

You can also search from phone for the car for a the MMIxxxx device.

If it says "Telephone not Installed" then you do not have bluetooth.

Car must be stationary with the ignition on, but it is not like the old days of pairing up within a few minutes.

I am 100% sure it is installed as i dont get the "Telephone not installed" message and i have the ability to turn the bluetooth off and on in the bluetooth menu. Only thing is all the options are greyed out still when bluetooth is switched on. I am correct in assuming that this should not be the case? Phone is definitely discoverable.

Never had this much trouble with any other bluetooth devices.

Is it a common problem for the bluetooth to fail? As i think that this is the case the more i try to connect the damn thing!