Audi Q5 front speaker upgrade

Mrdeli

I was hoping to upgrade the speakers in my Q5. Originally I followed a few A4 threads presuming that they would be much the same.

After removing the front door trim I found out that the mid range speakers in the door are around 21cm wide - pretty unusual.

Can anyone suggest a way forward. I was wondering whether sourcing original equipment q5 B&O speakers may be the best option? The sound package in my car is the Audi Sound system - I think this is a mid way system between the standard system and the B&O system.

Thanks. Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

An expensive and not worth the money upgrade. Suggest you go with some 20cm quality aftermarket speakers and have some spacer rings made from mdf and retain the orignal grille. will sound much better than just changing the speakers to b&o ones. just watch for the mounting depth as you dont want the window to smack the magnet on its way down and shatter into a gajillion pieces

An expensive and not worth the money upgrade. Suggest you go with some 20cm quality aftermarket speakers and have some spacer rings made from mdf and retain the orignal grille. will sound much better than just changing the speakers to b&o ones. just watch for the mounting depth as you dont want the window to smack the magnet on its way down and shatter into a gajillion pieces

Sounds good advice. Would you be able to recommend a 20cm speaker?

Thank you, mark