Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cabby

Centre Parcs Elvedon - Lodge location

17 posts in this topic

About to book the above and have a choice of middle or outer areas. Any suggestions for a particular part of the site to choose, or equally, avoid. We will be taking our 6yo and 5 week old if it helps. Have been advised to avoid the pool area.

Cheers

We have always paid the £40 extra to be central in the Maple area. Worth it, especially if you are getting bikes with the trailer as you don't have to cycle too far up hill to get anywhere!!

I think those lodges are pretty well built and 'soundproofed' anyway, so sound shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks chaps - all booked. Our little boy will miss the first 2 days of school but given it will be approx. £400 cheaper I can live with that :P.

Just came back from Sherwood - I love it. We just took what they gave us this time - I got lost on my Bike, in fact I suspect our lodge was in a different county :roflmao:

We've always gone for the outside, right on the edge and made a point of picking one of the ones that's furthest back, you look out the windows and all you see is the forest (and deer and peacocks) it's only a 5 minute or so walk into the centre if you pick the right spot. What level did you go for? Think we went for comfort plus the last time we went a few years back, nice having your own sauna :grin:

It has always puzzled me why there has been signs on the M1 for this place for two years or so and it isn't even built yet!!

Advanced marketing!

My company takes the whole firm plus partners/families to Elvdeon for a long weekend as our Christmas bash - well worth being near the action as, although a more remote villa might sound peaceful, it blooming hilly and can take an age to get from A to B +++

Elvedon hilly?

i've heard it all now...

:roflmao:

This was my first time at Centre Parcs and really enjoyed it. We upgraded to a 3 bed executive lodge for the price of a 2 bed and ended up in Pine - about a 15 minute walk from the centre which was fine (I think we were the only family NOT cycling :roflmao:).

The lodges are quite funny in that they look shite from the outside - like a portakabin with a bit of timber and render tacked on - but are a good size, well laid out/equipped and nicely designed/furnished. We had regular visits from the local wildlife right up to the patio (deer, ducks, squirrels etc.) which was lovely and one of the lakes/ponds was about 30m from the back door.

We didn't go mad on activities but between us we had a go at archery, pony riding, climbing and bowling. The swimming pool was great and whilst busy there was still plenty of space and queues for slides etc. were pretty small.

I was very unimpressed with some of the food places. Grub at the pub was very poor and tables were sticky and unclean (I know its full of kids but this was early in the day and hardly anyone using the pub). Waiting to order at the burger place (Hucks?) was probably the longest I've ever waited in a queue of 3 people with 3 staff serving - it genuinely took less time to cook our food and serve it to us than it took to order. On the other hand the indian restaurant - Rajinda Pravesh - was really excellent and, very oddly, staffed almost entirely by young, blonde and rather fit females (I was assured the chefs were not!).

It's not an especially cheap holiday but I guess the key question is, would I go again, to which I'd have to say yes.

I can also confirm beyond any question that there are no Hills at Elvedon +++.

Heading to the Sherwood CP tomoz for the week - question for those who've been to this one:

Are bikes a necessity?

Mrs B is 4 1/2 months pregnant with no2 and is starting to feel it down below with bone movement etc etc. So is unsure if it will be too uncomfortable to ride her bike about. I'm also in 2 minds as my bike is worth a couple of grand at least and has some decent wheels and seat dropper seat post. Am paranoid it or bits of it will go misssing!!

If everywhere is too much of a stroll, will stick the bikes on the car, if not less crap to pack and we can walk [with a 2 year old].

Any advice appreciated - ta.

It all depends which part of the site you are staying on. We stayed in a 4 bed exec a few weeks ago and that is about as far away as you can get from the centre really. It was 15 mins ish walk to the centre, Mrs CarMad is also with child almost identical in weeks to yours and didn't want to bike around either but she has been on a bike last weekend without problem.

It's not essential to have a bike but it can help. We go for the early start package, you get two bikes included and you can drive onto the site when you arrive and not have to fight to get on at 3pm, it's worth it even if you don't use the bike vouchers.

Everthign at sherwood is manageable by foot (IMO), bikes just make a nice change, but quite often in the past we've left them at home - we often go for Halloween and never take the bikes that weekend. Weve been going since the children were young and used buggies when necessary, but they walk now they are a bit older, sometimes take fold up scooters.

Elvedon hilly?

i've heard it all now...

:roflmao:

Correction - just realised Longleat is not Elvedon!!!

Just back - didn't take the bikes, probably a good choice as not really needed. Weather was kind, so would have been nice to get out and explore more with junior on a seat, but hey ho - had a great time anyway, even if that place is just a cash cow!! They really need to get some better eateries in there!!