Interesting M3 Document

Mac

You see that's what continues to switch me on to a 335i (or more likely a 135i coupe) - power to weight ratio, stick a decent set of APs on, remap, Milltek, uprated ARBs, Bilstein PSS12s and you've got an M3 thrashing toy :D

Or go out and buy a C63 AMG.

No, no, stop it :grin:

That said, I saw a stupidly subtle black 1M coming back from the Lakes on Sunday. Stunning piece of machinery :)

One of my work colleagues (after a 10 month wait) got his treat - a 1M in Sapphire Black, to which he has added dark window tint.

It is a gorgeous and purposeful looking vehicle. +++

The age old internet classic of "officially it's 200bhp, but on the dyno no-ones ever had one less than 280bhp".

I think I understand. Audi are simultaneously stupid enough to understate the power of their cars massively so that they look on paper much worse than their direct competitor, yet clever enough to make such fantastic cars?

Should read "no-one's ever had more than 280bhp" - the K04 can't push out enough air to get any higher. Not physically possible. Hybrid K04 (with K06 internals - K06 = twin turbos used on the original Audi RS 6), yes, but not the K04.

Indeed, mine wasn't a dig at Audi (which I'll grant you, is unusual), more a dig at people who can't afford properly fast cars, so have to pretend that whatever it is that they own is the biggest and best kept secret super car slayer in history.

"Apparently" every single Mk1 Impreza UK Turbo that Prodrive ever saw had over 220bhp out of the box, rather than the official 208bhp. :P

But that's nothing compared to the Nissan GT-R ... apparently they all had about 1,200bhp straight from the factory - it's the only way they could be that quick around the 'Ring... :roflmao:

Actually, I suspect the Japanese power figures may be responsible for this perception of under-quoting on power. The import certificate stated something like 276Bhp for my R34GTR, but it did 404Bhp at about 3 months old of 4k miles in! I don't believe it was modified - I was actually going to get it chipped etc before it was nicked.

[EDIT]ed to add, I was going thru audi-sport trying to find some info on the RS5. Still love the idea of an RS5 - it's afterall an A4 Coupe isn't it - but I just wasn't set alight by the drive. I was wondering if there was anything you can do to sharpen it up and make it a more interesting prospect from a driver's perspective.

Edited by Mac