Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rjgreen4

New car ordered

209 posts in this topic

I would imagine that on such a new car any old shampoo will do the job first time - and then just use a sealant. Chemical Guys, Poorboys, Rimseal, any of that stuff will do it.

The V spokes on the Z are a pain in the arse to clean but the CG stuff (bright orange, weird looking gunge) does help a lot. It repels a lot of it to begin with.

1200 miles done time to give it beans

Was gonna ask, what is the running in procedure? X miles at y revs max then build up?

The fastest cars are always the ones that are ragged from new!

A highly recommend running-in process for Porsches is:

1. Keep strictly to below 4,000 rpm until the engine has reached its operating temperature.

2. From then on, drive it like you stole it.

3. Continue in this manner for the first 250,000 miles.

Yep, low mileage, garage queen Porsches are usually the ones to go wrong, be that early cars, but it seems the modern water cooled stuff really suffers.

I know the early air cooled stuff has maximum oiling at high revs. Therefore its good to thrash them. I am guessing that's the same for the modern stuff too.

Top end rebuild at about 80k miles and then on to 140k miles without too much risk.

Was careful for the first 1k miles. Now it's a free for all.

One should also engage the Sport + mode from time to time to lighten up the fast approaching autumnal gloom.... ;)

He's disappeared again. He's bloody Dynamo!

I'm always around ;)

Congratulations on the new car :)

I'm off to the local Mercedes dealership today to see what all the fuss is about :D

Riz ;)

Was careful for the first 1k miles. Now it's a free for all.

Congratulations and excellent spec.

Diamond white is the colour I'd go for too. Any chance of pictures?

Riz :)

What's the score with RS mode, is it really any better than planting the loud pedal in sport + mode. Not tried it yet

A highly recommend running-in process for Porsches is:

1. Keep strictly to below 4,000 rpm until the engine has reached its operating temperature.

2. From then on, drive it like you stole it.

3. Continue in this manner for the first 250,000 miles.

I can confirm that this is indeed the correct procedure, as recommended to me by a fully qualified Porsche road and race technician.

I can also vouch for the fact that a number of new Subarus have benefitted from this approach.

Only one way to find out....

I would also add 'What's the worst that could happen?' - but saying that, I think a lot COULD go wrong!!! Not with the car, but with your pants and other bits.

So do it with lots of wiggle room!

I would also add 'What's the worst that could happen?' - but saying that, I think a lot COULD go wrong!!! Not with the car, but with your pants and other bits.

So do it with lots of wiggle room!

....try sport + first, then manual setting flappy paddles with some beanz, the coughs and barks (and I am not referring to the dog now) will get you noticed even more than normal....:) Go on, go on, go onnnnnn

It's interesting as it seems to cough and bark even between up shifts.

Tried manual mode with sport handling activated and the rear end stepped out at low speed, it was easy and comfortable however would have been different in the wet.

It's interesting as it seems to cough and bark even between up shifts.

Tried manual mode with sport handling activated and the rear end stepped out at low speed, it was easy and comfortable however would have been different in the wet.

That's the only real way to learn! In the dry and in control, so if on the off chance it happens anyother time, you are prepared! +++

I've just seen elsewhere that one of these was getting between 10 and 12 mpg. Which is expensive ...

I suppose that's entirely possible ... if you never leave city traffic and drive like a tw4t all the time.

I've just seen elsewhere that one of these was getting between 10 and 12 mpg. Which is expensive ...

LI had heard its better than an m3 for mpg?

The one I know, well I know the bloke more than the car, returns 14-17 mpg according to him.

I've been told to expect 20ish with decent motorway driving, in town/giving it a spanking its going to drop to 10 or below. The GTR would drop well into single digits when being thrashed, I remember Bruno Senna driving it I think for 5th Gear and he managed average of 3mpg :roflmao:

So in fact economical by your recent standards Baz?!