Hamilton to leave McLaren?

burble

There is an element in truth with the celeb comments. The amount of times you see him out and about, flying to and from LA, his non racing management team, the Canadian GP last year while showing the likes of Rhianna around the garage/car etc...

Why does that mean he is more interested in being a celebrity? I'm puzzled.

So he flies to and from LA. He has a management team. He shows VIP's around the garage/car.

The first is a choice. The second is a necessity. The third is part of his job!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As he grew up within the Mclaren family you woudl have thought the same corporate values instilled in the team would also be instilled in him. Most teenagers, at some point, rebel against their family, so it could be a similar thing happening here.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I don't see him leaving, I just think he's playing hardball over a new contract, yesterday's big win shows how good 'the family' is when they all pull together.

One interesting slant that I hadn't picked up on having only watched the race highlights is the effect Hamilton's latest antics have had on his relationship with Button.

It's fair to say Button was particularly p*ssed off with Hamilton tweeting sensitive telemetry last weekend at Spa. The two barely spoke to each other through Monza weekend, and weren't bothered about hiding it. Makes you wonder now whether Button sees Hamilton as a liability - maybe if one doesn't move the other will.

One interesting slant that I hadn't picked up on having only watched the race highlights is the effect Hamilton's latest antics have had on his relationship with Button.

It's fair to say Button was particularly p*ssed off with Hamilton tweeting sensitive telemetry last weekend at Spa. The two barely spoke to each other through Monza weekend, and weren't bothered about hiding it. Makes you wonder now whether Button sees Hamilton as a liability - maybe if one doesn't move the other will.

Yes, Button wasn't really hiding it in any of his interviews.

They've never liked each other though, nothing new there, they were just towing the corporate line and pretending to be mates.

Can say that again ...

Lewis Hamilton has denied he has learned anything from Jenson Button during their three seasons together at McLaren, boss Martin Whitmarsh reportedly said the duo are a good pairing because they "learn" from each other.

"I don't know why Martin would say that, as I couldn't say what I have learned from Jenson," Hamilton is quoted by El Pais newspaper.

"It would be nice to end where I began," said Hamilton, "but when your contract expires, you look around to see what else there is; if there are other challenges or opportunities.

Hamilton denies 'learning' from teammate Button | News | Motorsport.com

Also: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8069333/

Edited by Andy_Bangle

I think something happened at Belgium last week. To do with the rear wing, a bit like when Vettell got Webbers front wing last season (or the year before). They managed to get Buttons car to work with it but it was too late to put back on Hamiltons. I'm sure this started off a big row.