Flu jab question

Scotty

I had this once. About 15 years ago. I felt bloody awful for 3-4 days afterwards and wished I'd never had it done.

So did everyone else (ok, exaggeration, but 'most' people) - so the company stopped offering it when they lost god knows how many days of peoples time because of it.:roflmao:

Not for me again, ever.

Depends if you want strong man-flu symptoms or the flu.

Was it the first time you've ever had the flu jab? I've had it a few times and IIRC was ill after the first. Didn't bother last year so think I will this year.

I've never had the jab. I did get the flu last year or the year before and was literally sparko in bed for three days.

I believe anyone that rides a motorbike on a regular basis has acquired a in built immunity to cold and flu due to being out and about in all weathers and air temps.

Might sound mad, but in the 12 or so years I was doing most day bike journeys I never got flu. Bikers are hardy types.

I'm leaning towards not getting it due to riding the motorbike .... but not coz we're tough rufty tufties!

I'm thinking that I'm not exposed like I would be on trains and buses like most commuters into London... but I've young kids that bring every cough/cold going home from school nursery though.

But there's the rub - you have young kids. Now what if you contract the flu (having not had the jab) and pass it on to them. The main rationale for getting a flu jab as a healthy adult is to prevent its spread to other, more vulnerable people as you're unlikely to die, just feel rough.

And I think you've got it right that being in the open air reduces your exposure as opposed to toughening you up.

I have a flu jab every year, I had my latest one the week before last, I've never felt anything other than some mild arm discomfort. The vast majority of people don't get symptoms.

OK, this was done for swine flu but I think it says it nicely - Is the H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Safe?