BMW M135i Test Drive

jimdiesel

Jim, was it the stereo/speaker upgrade they're pushing through?

Also, did you go for all the packages (Glass/Media/Driver etc)? I think the colour combo you've gone for is probably the same I'd choose. Mineral/Coral reminds me of the first E46 M3's in grey/red. I ordered Titanium/Red and within a few days I'd seen a grey/red car and realised I'd chosen the wrong colour. It still looked nice, but nothing like as good as the grey.

Have you gone for manual or the auto/paddleshift box?

Yes its the speaker upgrade, but I have now got them to include it even if the build slips.

I have not gone for nav as the £2000 pro nav only added £600 to the GFV on the PCP.

I have not added adaptive dampers, as I was so impressed with the passive set up I drove on Sunday. One less thing to fiddle with.

Probably most controversial thing I have specified, is the no cost runflat option, in lieu of the Michelin Pilot Sports. I prefer the feel of the RE050a boots to the Pilot Sports and given my motoring habits, I have never been comfortable relying on a mobility kit. Also the RFT's biggest issue of cold weather performance is nulified, as I have ordered a winter wheel and tyre set.

Full spec as follows.

Vehicle

Z1CL F21 M135i 3-door Sports Hatch N55 3.0

B39 Mineral Grey

LCL5 Coral Red Dakota leather upholstery with Black highlight

Options

Z0A Driver comfort package

508 Park Distance Control (PDC), front and rear

544 Cruise control with brake function

Z0D Sun protection package

3AP Windscreen with grey shade band

420 Sun protection glass

258 Run-flat tyres

2TB Sport automatic transmission

320 Model designation deletion

493 Extended storage

494 Seat heating, front

4DK Matt Oxide Silver interior trim finisher

4DP Fineline Stream wood interior trim

502 Headlight wash

521 Rain sensor with auto. headlight activation

654 DAB digital radio

676 Loudspeaker system - BMW Business

6NK Enhanced Bluetooth functionality with USB audio interface

6WA Black panel display, full

Z4B Complimentary upgrade - BMW Business

Loudspeaker system (available until Oct 12)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one I specced was similar to that, but with the Nav and Adaptive suspension added, without the Fineline wood, and I ticked the Harmon Kardon although it's unlikely that would stay on if I ever went to buy one.

I didn't select Model designation deletion.

I must admit I was surprised the DAB was an option and as expensive as it is. I can't see why they don't just roll that out as standard these days.

I'm not sure I could manage with SatNav Pro. The Adaptive Suspension comments are interesting though. I never change the suspension on the Z because it doesn't really have any so it always stays in Comfort mode, so perhaps that would be the same on an M135i. Never thought about that.

Yes its the speaker upgrade, but I have now got them to include it even if the build slips.

I have not gone for nav as the £2000 pro nav only added £600 to the GFV on the PCP.

I have not added adaptive dampers, as I was so impressed with the passive set up I drove on Sunday. One less thing to fiddle with.

Probably most controversial thing I have specified, is the no cost runflat option, in lieu of the Michelin Pilot Sports. I prefer the feel of the RE050a boots to the Pilot Sports and given my motoring habits, I have never been comfortable relying on a mobility kit. Also the RFT's biggest issue of cold weather performance is nulified, as I have ordered a winter wheel and tyre set.

Full spec as follows.

Vehicle

Z1CL F21 M135i 3-door Sports Hatch N55 3.0

B39 Mineral Grey

LCL5 Coral Red Dakota leather upholstery with Black highlight

Options

Z0A Driver comfort package

508 Park Distance Control (PDC), front and rear

544 Cruise control with brake function

Z0D Sun protection package

3AP Windscreen with grey shade band

420 Sun protection glass

258 Run-flat tyres

2TB Sport automatic transmission

320 Model designation deletion

493 Extended storage

494 Seat heating, front

4DK Matt Oxide Silver interior trim finisher

4DP Fineline Stream wood interior trim

502 Headlight wash

521 Rain sensor with auto. headlight activation

654 DAB digital radio

676 Loudspeaker system - BMW Business

6NK Enhanced Bluetooth functionality with USB audio interface

6WA Black panel display, full

Z4B Complimentary upgrade - BMW Business

Loudspeaker system (available until Oct 12)

What does that stack up to as a final OTR price?

• 4 weeks later...
I added the adaptive damping to my order, as I thought that the ability to soften the car would be useful in slippery conditions.

I got the call on Saturday that the spec is now locked down, and build is week 51.

Excited!

That's great news and let's hope for your sake the workers are not thinking about Xmas too much :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just test drove m135i auto - wow! What an engine. It has been 2002 since I have owned a petrol engined car.

I don't think there is anything to dislike about the car.

Real shame, they had a 2month old car that had just arrived, nice spec, nice price, but didn't have folding mirrors (which because it has to go in a narrow garage makes it a deal breaker).

Nice differences on the eco/sport/etc modes

Just test drove m135i auto - wow! What an engine. It has been 2002 since I have owned a petrol engined car.

I don't think there is anything to dislike about the car.

Real shame, they had a 2month old car that had just arrived, nice spec, nice price, but didn't have folding mirrors (which because it has to go in a narrow garage makes it a deal breaker).

Nice differences on the eco/sport/etc modes

Just pull the mirrors off when you get home? Or change your garage door to a full width metal shutter one that goes out to the edges without the need for the wooden surround.

17'' Ian.

The BMW approved set up is only a 205 section tyre which makes putting three and abit hundred donkeys down slightly interesting.

205/50/17 all round, not staggered? Blimey that must be a very driftable machine! Hope the traction control (do BMW still call it DSC?) doesn't cut in too soon otherwise that will get annoying. My mums C2 left the factory on 195/50/16s for crying out loud!! I've stuck mine on 225/45/17 and 7.5" rims which is the official winter wheel / tyre size on the continent.