Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG AWD

58 posts in this topic

Lol, if you don't mind, can you see how much the 250 CDi is too? Same economy but more power according to the Merc website, don't want to waste too much of your time so don't worry too much.

I'm not a fan of the A45 AMG's exterior looks but the CLA45 AMG looks way better :)

Riz :D

I'm not a fan of the A45 AMG's exterior looks but the CLA45 AMG looks way better :)

Riz :D

One is a hatch, the other a mini cls (4 door coupe). The cla will be £4k more expensive but does look lovely IMHO and you can't argue with the performance stats. I think It could nick a few C AMG sales.

One is a hatch, the other a mini cls (4 door coupe). The cla will be £4k more expensive but does look lovely IMHO and you can't argue with the performance stats. I think It could nick a few C AMG sales.

Yes I think Mercedes actually knew it will nick sales from the C63 AMG. You can't argue that they had to build a eco-efficient AMG engine and something to rival smaller M/RS/S cars from competitors .... 360ps out of 2 litres is no small feat and its a hand built engine too just like the big AMG engines.

It will be interesting to see if the tuners can extract more performance from this engine without it going pop as its already a highly tuned block.

I am a big fan of the C63 AMG but the CLA is growing on me as a more complete daily package, 40+ mpg (claimed) cars are appealing especially when they are starting to break the 300bhp barrier.

The new Audi S3 saloon is also claiming 40mpg+

Imagine if they made a CLA45 AMG BlackSeries :D

Riz :)

But you don't get the V8 thunder with the 45s.

That for me, is a major turn off.

Aside from the price difference between a C63 and an A45, they're two completely different cars.

Yes, the might look similar, but then so do most BMWs and Audis these days.

People choose an RS3 over an RS4? Really? I think people who'd like to have an RS4 but can't necessarily afford it might buy an RS3.

Mercedes are trying to extend their market share, not keep it the same. They'd love a chunk of the S3, RS3, 135i, 1M market.

I was thinking similar things too Mook. I don't 'resent' paying for my '3 cos it's massive fun, and it doesn't affect my ability to pay my mortgage. On the other hand, if I could have the same fun in a cheaper to run package, what's not to love? The M135/A45 are both in my eye-sight for my next cars, as they'll cover my fun as well as being reasonable for the mileage I do.

RS3 over an RS4? Personally, not a chance. Not wanting to kick off an argument but I think the RS3 is probably one of the cars *I* have been most disappointed in in the last 10 years. Could be because my expectations in a car have changed - 10 years ago I'd have gone for outright performance over involvement for example - the RS3 could have fulfilled that to be fair.

So, yes, they may be 'going after' the M135/RS3 market, but I don't think it's all about the people who can't afford RS4's etc. I think there's a bit more too it +++

Mercs have never ever interested me in the slightest, said as much in a conversation today ..... popped out tonight and saw the A-class in black and thought, hmmmm might have just found one I don't find too ugly and would even consider! (Sssshhhh don't tell anyone, think I need to lie down)

I looked at the A220CDI AMG Sport... then found out they have absolutely awful predicted residuals - so the monthly lease on one was more than on a 520ED.

I looked at the A220CDI AMG Sport... then found out they have absolutely awful predicted residuals - so the monthly lease on one was more than on a 520ED.

That seems to be the case.

I am struggling to get anyone quoting at all (business or personal contract deals) on the A45 AMG. The one quote I have had has been ridiculous.

I may buy a new S3 for cash instead.

Amazingly the new S3 looks like quite a cheap car compared to BMW and Merc alternatives. But then a Golf GTI would be even cheaper....

So you want to get an A45 AMG or finance or buy an S3 outright for cash? Why don't you just buy an A45 AMG for cash?

That seems to be the case.

I am struggling to get anyone quoting at all (business or personal contract deals) on the A45 AMG. The one quote I have had has been ridiculous.

I may buy a new S3 for cash instead.

Have Mercedes themselves not got a deal on? When their cars that have predicted poor residuals are not attractive to third party lease companies, they usually have a ridiculous deal on through the dealer network.

Mercedes are such a funny brand in terms of how they get cars sold. If it wasn't for them filling the third party lease / CH market with cars, the number of cars they actually get on the road would be next to none!!

Yes, but you can always forgive them everything - just for making the C63 AMG and SLS AMG :D

So you want to get an A45 AMG or finance or buy an S3 outright for cash? Why don't you just buy an A45 AMG for cash?

I was wondering the very same thing..:confused:

Yes, but you can always forgive them everything - just for making the C63 AMG and SLS AMG :D

Quite :grin:+++

Almost $100K (or more) here based on the price he throws up at the start. It better be mindblowing for that money.

That's a quick car. A very quick car.

That's a quick car. A very quick car.

Yes, nearly MK5 Golf GTI quick+++