Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biturbo

Ee 4g

19 posts in this topic

Liverpool is one of the cities with 4G and I came so close to ordering the Nokia 920 on a 12 month EE 4G contract the other day, via a cashback website from Phones4U. P4U pulled the 12 month contracts, so I'm waiting now.

I can still get it direct from EE, but the tariffs are so expensive I won't do it unless I can offset the cost with some cashback. :(

367293755.png

This 4G malarkey is a bit quick

Fast? that's the slowest speed I get over my 4G connection. I was hitting 60 Mb/s in Stockholm last year :P

4G is realistic alternative to providing rural interent, once the companies pull their fingers out and get some masts up.

I have a Huawei B593 4G router, it's a 4G / WiFi / Router / Switch. Whenever I stay in hotel or am at conference I take it with me and get instant 4G internet :D

Liverpool is one of the cities with 4G and I came so close to ordering the Nokia 920 on a 12 month EE 4G contract the other day, via a cashback website from Phones4U. P4U pulled the 12 month contracts, so I'm waiting now.

I can still get it direct from EE, but the tariffs are so expensive I won't do it unless I can offset the cost with some cashback. :(

let me know what deals you find that are worth considering please.

I will. I was considering creating a new thread as I keep posting in related threads such as this - all over the show. :)

P4U posted on their forum after a customer asked them where the 12 month contracts had gone. Initially they implied they never existed. Then they effectively said they have been withdrawn as EE won't let them sell them. The whole launch of 4G, EE, WP8 and especially Nokia 820/920 has been a farce imo. You'd think Nokia would have put everything into it and got it right! :rolleyes:

I want a 920 and just can't buy one! It's ridiculous.

Edited by Sponge

The major problem with the contracts, aside from the ridiculous price, is the data allowances.

Until the realise that unlimited data is the only sensible option with network speeds that fast, it's utterly pointless.

Someone on the radio the other day pointed out that on the lowest tariff with only 500mb of data, you could watch one half hour episode of something in HD and your allowance was gone, so how is it beneficial if that video started a fraction of a second quicker?

I will. I was considering creating a new thread as I keep posting in related threads such as this - all over the show. :)

P4U posted on their forum after a customer asked them where the 12 month contracts had gone. Initially they implied they never existed. Then they effectively said they have been withdrawn as EE won't let them sell them. The whole launch of 4G, EE, WP8 and especially Nokia 820/920 has been a farce imo. You'd think Nokia would have put everything into it and got it right! :rolleyes:

I want a 920 and just can't buy one! It's ridiculous.

Nokia has really screwed up with thee EE exclusivity thing. No idea what possessed them.

HTC and Samsung could have stolen a march - if they would get their bloody phones to market!

I've got unlimited 4g on my new EE iPhone 51 contract. But it's useless because I still don't have an iPhone 5 as its still on back order.

:(

Unlimited data? I wasn't aware there was such a tariff? (Minutes and sms, yes.)

Oh and the 3gb wifi limit that's mentioned is for bt openzone. Dunno why anyone would want to use openzone over 4g though. Unless mobile Internet wasn't available

That's an Orange contract, not EE. They're different. Orange will have 3G only, not LTE.

Oh really?

We'll see about that once the iPhone turns up.

I take it you are aware that EE is orange.

Oh really?

We'll see about that once the iPhone turns up.

I take it you are aware that EE is orange.

Yep, really. Yeah, I'm aware that EE owns Orange - my other half works for EE so I'm well aware.

Have a read of this

Orange and 4G

Did you see this bit:

Currently the only way to get 4G in the UK is on the newly launched EE network. Orange, T Mobile and EE are all part of the same family so it is incredibly easy to switch over. You can buy a 4G enabled phone on Orange and you'll have the simple opportunity to move your contract over to EE whenever you want.

(snip)

The process to change over to EE is simple. You will be able to go into any Orange shop on your high street and ask to switch over your contract. The process is designed to be as straight forward as possible. Alternatively, you can call Orange on 150 from your Pay Monthly handset, or 450 from your Pay As You Go handset, and ask for your options to switch over.

Note the highlighted bits. So it says that you can sign up to Orange but you need to switch to an EE contract to get LTE.