A6 Front parking sensors - retrofitting.

Kell

Anyone done this?

Not by yourself I mean - though I'd be interested to see if anyone has.

Just looking for a rough estimate on price and ease of doing, plus reccomendations of who to use.

A quick search brings up the front kit alone for £225, then there's the cost of fitting.

Not checked yet.

Got an increasing list of things to get.

Winter wheels and tyres (when I can find correct wheels).

New roof bar footpacks.

Parking sensors.

As the car already has the rears, I'd like them to be incorporated into the system rather than a separate system.

Incorporating them into the system is the expensive route. You need to replace the existing 4 channel rear controller with an 8 channel front&rear controller, add a switch to the dash for Parktronic, install the front sensors (somehow as the A6 bumper does not have brackets for sensors unless you replace the bumper or glue on A8 brackets)

I have done it from scratch, front and rear sensors in an A6 avant, the rear I cut the holes out and glued A8 brackets to the bumper to hold the sensors, for the front I replaced the bumper as I was doing a 2010 facelift project. But the sensors are a tight fit in the new bumper against the internal bumper bar as they moved around 2008/9 when facelift came out.