TT concert radio lost power

The radio/CD in my wife's 2005 Audi TT mark 1 seems to have lost power, yet the backlights still work.

It worked fine until I took it to have the tracking aligned. After that day, the CD would intermittently turn on and off every 30 seconds or so as she was driving along.

I pulled the stereo out today to look for loose cables and now it seems to be completely dead, with the exception of the backlights which still work fine. Nothing appears on the screen, no audio, nothing except backlight.

I've checked the 7.5A fuse in the back and the main radio fuse in the board, both are fine. The two blocks of cables into the back of the radio are pushed in securely. Perhaps the other end of this cable run is loose somewhere?

Appreciate any views on how to diagnose this please!

• 2 weeks later...
The radio/CD in my wife's 2005 Audi TT mark 1 seems to have lost power, yet the backlights still work.

It worked fine until I took it to have the tracking aligned. After that day, the CD would intermittently turn on and off every 30 seconds or so as she was driving along.

I pulled the stereo out today to look for loose cables and now it seems to be completely dead, with the exception of the backlights which still work fine. Nothing appears on the screen, no audio, nothing except backlight.

I've checked the 7.5A fuse in the back and the main radio fuse in the board, both are fine. The two blocks of cables into the back of the radio are pushed in securely. Perhaps the other end of this cable run is loose somewhere?

Appreciate any views on how to diagnose this please!

i had a problem almost the same in my audi, when the radio is taken out sometimes it may pull the face away from the unit itself, i wasnt sure for a while but decided to have a bash at fixing it myself, (well in my opinion it was err...broken) on the rear of the face their are 4 small screws, i took them out, pressed the sides back towards the rear of the radio, and put it back together. now..... as if it never went wrong. but i had no control over any buttons/knobs at all before i fixed it. hope this helps.