Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

2013 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo - Pics

30 posts in this topic

2013 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo is expected to get launched at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

post-2214-137914490065_thumb.jpeg

post-2214-137914490067_thumb.jpeg

post-2214-137914490069_thumb.jpeg

post-2214-137914490071_thumb.jpeg

post-2214-137914490073_thumb.jpeg

:roflmao:

'Gran Turismo'

It's a fecking hatchback.

3-Series 'Shopping Edition'.

How times change, I remember when hatchbacks were for peasants, and any exec worth his salt had a saloon.

I like it might be something to change to from my dull exec saloon. The practicality of a hatch would be nice I have to say.

They are meant to be using this same wheel base on a 4 series coupe to create a 4dr like they have with the 6 series Granturismo apparently.

As for the execs only wanting saloons, they don't always get it right do they...!

Eh? What?

They're going to make a 'CC' type thing based on the 4-series coupe platform, which is a mildly stretched 3-series platform?

Talk about going for the niche! - they'll have more niche models than Mercedes at this rate.

'It's a saloon version of the coupe version of hatchback version of the saloon'

Yep because Mercedes are going to bring out a mini CLS as Audi have done an A5 4dr so BMW have to follow.

As you say its niche all the way, oh and the GT car above is expected to be about £3-4k more than the saloon. +++:eek:

"Like the 5 Series GT, this new 3 Series model focuses on expanding the passenger and cargo volume of the car with a longer wheelbase (reportedly riding on the same wheelbase as the Chinese-market, long-wheelbase 3 Series saloon) and a longer, taller, rounder roofline." - blah blah blah

BMW dont seem to be able to do the 5 door shape very well they all look a bit ungainly to me, I find it strange that audi and bmw are going into the 5 door hatch market just as the likes of mazda6, honda accord and toyota navensis are all only offering there family cars as saloon or estate models, all of them where good sellers as hatchbacks in the uk and europe

more pics from the show:

I think all the GT models look like dogsh1t. Just get a touring FFS

I agree, nevertheless it's actually more functional and spacious than the 3 Series touring, thanks to an extra 4.3 inches of wheelbase, 7.9 inches of length and 3.2 inches of height, the 3GT offers more space for rear passengers and one more cubic foot of storage overall.

post-2214-137914494257_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914494261_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914494265_thumb.jpg

post-2214-13791449428_thumb.jpg

Pig, pig, piggety, pig ugly piggety pig the 3 series GT is. Piggety butt ugly feckin pig.

See I like it but I do like my women with some skin on their bones so our tastes do differ. :grin:

I hope it's price drops like a stone and I can pick up a nice 328i or 335i for a few pennies with lots of toys. It ticks just about every body possible for me.

This'll never do then :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=48002&stc=1&d=1362575898

post-8816-137914494307_thumb.jpg

Looks good whats not to like, its on my list as an option for my next motor. +++

Those air intake things behind the front wheels look lost. Same as they do on the 4 Series. I love the 4 Series but they spoil it.

The GT looks lardy to me. Kind of out of proportion. The intakes as Booster says look a bit daft, like someone's cut them out with a can opener. The 4 series advert was just on and that does look good.

If it has a larger boot and more interior space, what's the point of a touring? £1300? :confused:

No and I hope not

No and most probably.

If it has a larger boot and more interior space, what's the point of a touring? £1300? :confused:

The touring will sell.

It's a niche car, as per my niche post the other day, someone will want to buy which means they won't buy a rival brand.

The dog fits better in a touring?