Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

2013 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo - Pics

30 posts in this topic

It's a shite car, as per my niche post the other day, someone will want to buy which means they won't buy a rival brand.

The wife fits better in a touring?

thats more accurate...

I've got a very young family and want to have plenty of boot space and interior space but at the same time something that isn't too big. This does that for me, its the China spec long wheelbase 3 series that we don't get over here and it has some nice extra features as well.

It should handle fairly well and should offer lots more rear leg room that the frankly terrible rear leg room of my last 3 series. The Audi A6 is currently doing a good job but its doesn't ignite the soul and its handling isn't a patch on the BMW. It is probably fine for most people but it neither rides well nor handles well either so a truly compromising position.

I don't want the last thing in sporting prowess and I'm fairly tall so something a little raised up would be good as well. I'm not set on the 3 GT I may get its uglier brother the 5 GT if the money was right and that is what it will come down to. If everyone wants a 3 Touring and the used market is great for the 3 GT that will be fine by me.

I've got a very young family and want to have plenty of boot space and interior space but at the same time something that isn't too big. This does that for me, its the China spec long wheelbase 3 series that we don't get over here and it has some nice extra features as well.

So, what you're saying, is that it's BMW's take on the Skoda Superb. (Which was and might still be based on the China spec. LWB Passat)

I've never understood why China gets LWB versions of standard repmobiles?

It's not like they need the legroom.

No idea, China doesn't like cab models though for instance they see them as a poor mans car so they sell very poorly.

We get high spec models almost as standard but its not uncommon to still get steel wheels on lots on Audis and VW that is almost unthinkable her these days.