So what are your 2013 car plans then?

CarMad

Hi Wopps,

Yes have driven a couple, including a Porsche Australia drive event in the mountains here (how they avoided the boys in blue I'll never know).

If I was to buy a new Porsche, It'd be the Cayman S. I don't have have funds for a C4S or new GT3, as they are well over $300K here with only a couple of options ticked (like heated seats, sport chrono).

But I've never tried a Merc, and the V8 (6.2l) is just awesome fun and noise. Perfect for a toy car...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What interior has it got? Any other options Rachel?

Could you do me a favour and take a couple of pictures of the Magnetite C63, I've not actually seen one in the flesh yet :)

Voila - Black Leather, and like Porsche, MB AMG "standard" cars in Oz are specc'd out the whizz-whang compared to the US and UK. The only other options extra are the DAB radio, and keyless go.

apologies - taken with the camera phone this morning after too much coffee...

post-4885-137914502002_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914502005_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914502008_thumb.jpg

Voila - Black Leather, and like Porsche, MB AMG "standard" cars in Oz are specc'd out the whizz-whang compared to the US and UK. The only other options extra are the DAB radio, and keyless go.

apologies - taken with the camera phone this morning after too much coffee...

Thanks Rachel. Has confirmed what I had already hoped, that its a GREAT colour! :)

Looks pretty much UK spec, they come well loaded here too (Pan roof, full nav/media), 18" 5-spokes).

So... the question is, did you buy it this morning while in a caffeine frenzy ?

Is it purely Aus import duties that make the costs so astronomical?? If so how does the government justify it??!

The European prestige marques have always "taken the piss" w.r.t Australia. Even Porsche finally admitted it, dropping 991 prices by $37K as of June 1. The Government's gouge is as follows:

base car with paint/leather = $122,825 <-- manufacturer/importer set price

radio + DAB = $343.00

keyless go = $1294.00

dealer delivery (their free cut) $ $2445.00

subtotal $126,907.00

registration & CTP insurance= $1120.90

GST (same as VAT) = $12690.70 <-- the first gouge

luxury car tax = $23784.50

stamp duty = $7270.00 <-- the last gouge

total on road = $171773.10. :eek:

No it is Sunday, and they were waiting for magic #s on the great white... I'm just being opportunistic again, but may see tomorrow if they want to play. :eclipse:

No, picked it up @ 2:30pm this afternoon. It is now tucked up in the garage with a whole 70km on the clock, and me having to run it in for the next 1530km.

Built June 2013, complianced August 2013 in Oz - so the newest, new car I have ever owned! +++

I don't have Bird's Custard, but you've seen the Panamera here:

post-4885-137914502021_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rachel

Well done girl, you go top of the girl "b4stard" table.

Should we start a sweep stake as to how long you keep it and what ends up being next on the list?

Don't give the mods any ideas like "grrl b4st4rd". :P

As for a sweepstake, sure - as long as i get the pot.

Edited by Rachel

Any more cars and the Aus gov will think you are a trader!!!!

I take it you are now hooked on the V8 burble? :grin:

The downshifts... :cool:

It is actually sort of the best of both - a b@sta@rd love child of the XKR and the Panamera. It has almost the power (457hp vs 510hp) of the XKR and almost as much torque (600Nm vs 625Nm), sounds as good or better than the XKR, and seats 4 quite comfortably (like the Porsche). It has an insane amount of fitted equipment (more than the Porsche or Jaguar), the glass roof (and the much preferred "out and over" sunroof), all the 2013 Mercedes Benz technology - especially the light system, and looks the ducks guts.

Might be a keeper (famous last words).

The downshifts... :cool:

It is actually sort of the best of both - a b@sta@rd love child of the XKR and the Panamera. It has almost the power (457hp vs 510hp) of the XKR and almost as much torque (600Nm vs 625Nm), sounds as good or better than the XKR, and seats 4 quite comfortably (like the Porsche). It has an insane amount of fitted equipment (more than the Porsche or Jaguar), the glass roof (and the much preferred "out and over" sunroof), all the 2013 Mercedes Benz technology - especially the light system, and looks the ducks guts.

Might be a keeper (famous last words).

Stop it, stop it ! It's driving me nutz... I still don't have a delivery date :sob:

(glad you love it Rachel... I especially like full throttle short-shifting in M :) )

Surely Rachel shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread as it clearly says "car plans" not "what car will match my mood/underwear/shoes today" ;)

You're just jealous of my incisiveness and ability to come up with, and then act on a plan all on the same page of this thread. :P

So what are your 2013 plans then w.r.t. the 944/968 toy?

I think Waylander's the one who'll be shocked by your decisiveness.

The 944 Turbo is getting a few suspension tweaks over the next few months.

The Caster mounts are being replaced with Teflon sealed monoballs instead of the baggy rubber items. The front ARB is getting polybushed and the front wishbones may well be polybushed too.

A strut brace is going on too next week as when I've got sticky tyres on in a hard corner I can feel a bit of movement. Fine on road tyres but noticeable when on track.

The rocker cover and inlet manifold, etc are also coming off over the winter for a reseal and paint/powder coat. Depending how involved I get I may also do the belts and pull the turbo out "while I'm in there". If so then I'll get the turbo serviced and upgraded to minimum ball bearing races but possibly make it a cheeky hybrid too.

All cash/time/effort dependent.

Classic car insurance is a bit different - they group things together so just "suspension mods" or "engine mods"

The only modification that actually loaded my premium was adding 60bhp.

The company I'm looking to go with in September don't even need to know about modifications. Premiums are based upon agreed value and mileage.

Stop it, stop it ! It's driving me nutz... I still don't have a delivery date :sob:

(glad you love it Rachel... I especially like full throttle short-shifting in M :) )

To rub salt into the wound, should I tell you the transparent running in sticker above the driver on the windshield is in English? As in miles per hour and so forth. :P