New M3 Driver!

MrMPG

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mine set to the same Andrew although I've left traction control on for now - once the roads get a little drier I'll switch to the m dynamic mode. I thought it might be a little gimmicky but it certainly isn't it really sharpens the car up and it was hardly 'soft' before!

Auto High Beam - Anyone explain how it works, I can't find an explanation in the book. From what I understand there are 3 sensors behind the review mirror and to activate it you push the stalk twice?? until the auto 'A' (in amber) appears on the dash. It seems to work ok when an on coming car approaches but i've also had it go off when driving past a sign with high reflection plus sometimes it doesn't come back on again??

Can it be tweaked in iDrive (i'm not near the car until next week so can't check) for sensitivity or anything else?

My 5 series has it. The sensor looks for white or red light in front, indicative of an oncoming car or one you've caught up with.

It is quite easily fooled by reflective signs, and I find my (2007) version is a bit slow to react. As a result, I tend to use it as a backup only.

At o park they do a great course. Learnt everything I know. Run by MSv. I'd do another day mate if you are interested great fun.

Interesting - O Park not an outrageous place to get to from Edinburgh. Did you do the full day or half a day?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Not been on this forum for sometime. Recently got an 2010 M3 Competition in frozen grey. VERY pleased with it. Looking forward to warmer weather and getting to a trackday. Interesting to see Woopum is still here. I remember him from when I also had a Scirocco R. Pleased he's still got the GT3.

Chris

Hello matey. Yes gt3 is still with me, 21k miles on! Switched the rocky r to a 2010 Monte Carlo m3, which is anther league of car goodness. Welcome back.

Outstanding car choices 😃 respect due.

I've been reading back though previous posts on here and I see that you have done the exhaust mod. Now you've been running it for a while. How are you finding it. I'm seriously tempted as actual exhausts (BMW performance, Akra etc) seem to be 2-3k which I can't really justify.

Cheers

Chris