A3 Sportback. April 2012 reg, How many keys should it come with?

Chrisg

Daughter has just bought a Sportback Black Edition, 2k miles, TDi, S Tronic registered in April 2012, Meteor metallic ( actually rather nice but I've not been allowed a drive yet !! ).

It has come via an Audi dealer but she says it has only 2 sets of the 'fat' keys.

My last Audi came with 2 'fat' keys, together with a much thinner metal key (with black plastic end), and a similar size all black plastic key.

Do they only come with 2 keys now or are there some missing ( a floor mat is missing as well......) ?

Thanks

Hi Chris , Only 2 remote keys. ( I cant recall a plastic one, I will have to check my spare key and see if anything else is on the keyring)

You can check the registered keys on the dash via the DIS. i.e 1 of 2, 2 of 2. etc,.

Mine is a Jan 2011 Audi S3 Black Edition.

Edited by Paul

Alright Chris, long time no see. Believe ours (55 plate) came with two switchblade keys and the plastic wallet key that contains the code number to create a new key if required. This is sometimes slotted down the spline of the big wallet that your books come in, worth a double check.

Bad news on the mat, ours had no rears, believe they were actually optional when new, managed to haggle them to be chucked in

I last bought an Audi in '08 (the A4), but both it and the one I bought in '07 (an A3) came with two remote key fobs and a black plastic key. A non-remote metal key was not provided for either, so it sounds like she might just be missing the plastic key, unless that's also been deleted now.

Thanks guys!

Hers is a 2.0TDi

I've still not got a drive in it !

It was here at the weekend - I needed to change it's wheels over to her winter versions- so it's lost those snazzy 18" versions for 17" with Conti wintercontact TS630 ( iirc)

May go for a S3 Sportback in a year or so - the A4 ( B6 1.8Tquattro S Line) is still great but the latest versions are just so much bigger now and we do not need such a large car. We nearly went for a A7Sportback when they came out but when we actually saw one -- it was huge-- ( and I'd have to have changed the garage door to get in in ..... silly