Expressions of interest please - The 2013 "Car Club 18-30" event.

theduisbergkid

Following the success of 2012's "Car Club 18-30" trip, we're now planning the 2013 trip, do you fancy it ?

For the uninitiated, it's a treasurehunt and trackday for cool cars either designed or in production 18-30 years ago, geddit ?

We've opened a wobby webpage where you can register your interest, it's a minor faff to register but it's way easier than everyone sending a billion emails or filling TsN with another s2b2 thread, so click here for more info and to register your interest. :eclipse:

For those who missed the last one, it's online here > Car Club 18-30, a classic s2b2 adventure. | s2b2

Cheers,

Rich :)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeLorean ! Wow !

I think the cat is out of the bag regarding the destination, it's the 'ring, or more specifically, the GP circuit as opposed to the Nordschleife. More runoff, faster, much less crowded and (IMO) more FUN. Plus, being a proper track as opposed to 'public toll road' there's no worry about dealing with armco stazi and the rozzers if anything goes belly up. The reason the dates haven't been published yet is because the 'ring people haven't published dates but we're being told the dates will be out in the next c.3 weeks +++

Oh, and there is something VERY special lined up on the treasure hunt part. :secret:

, it's the 'ring, or more specifically, the GP circuit as opposed to the Nordschleife.

OK, that changes things - a proper track. I'll need to sort a proper car in that case. Nice though it was to take an Ur-Quattro last time, it had the handling of a sofa and Christmas pudding brakes.

You realise this means I may have to keep the track toy til after August now :rolleyes::)

Here's a crappy vid of our first lap round the F1 sections which was opened up without us being notified on the second day we were there hence the surprise of the driver. Gives you a good idea of the track anyhow. +++

Apologies for the swearing and thick Geordie accent! :P

The track itself is amazing and a couple of the bends are really high speed and the grip is a lot more than what you would expect.

The video camera car is a Porsche GT3 and im in the blue MR2 in front that he is following. As said it was our first outing on the F1 section and i think it was the 4th lap of the northern loop itself.

Word of warning though, as soon as it started to spit a bit the track became very greasy quite quickly in sections. I ended up facing the other way with the lightest of lift off oversteer round an off camber left bend and i wasnt even on boost.

Word of warning though, as soon as it started to spit a bit the track became very greasy quite quickly in sections. I ended up facing the other way with the lightest of lift off oversteer round an off camber left bend and i wasnt even on boost.

Sounds pretty normal for an MR2 at the 'ring!