Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theduisbergkid

Expressions of interest please - The 2013 "Car Club 18-30" event.

271 posts in this topic

I'm crying into my Bacardi :(

Such a classy bird :P;)

Bollocks, glad you mentioned chunferry Suddards. I'd completely forgotten that booking a hotel in Brussels might involve crossing a few miles of water.

Bollocks, glad you mentioned chunferry Suddards. I'd completely forgotten that booking a hotel in Brussels might involve crossing a few miles of water.

:grin: You could over inflate your tyres and float across.....??

Or just take a really big run up at Dover...

I'm not doing the maths for that one. My calculator doesn't have enough zeroes :coffee:

Finally booked my ferry, I land in Calais at 15.35ish, so will have some catching up to do with those on the tunnel. :eclipse:

How fast do you reckon we can push an old Russian shitbox down the French motorway...? :eek:

How fast do you reckon we can push an old Russian shitbox down the French motorway...? :eek:

What's the gradient and what are you pushing it with? :grin:

Off the nearest cliff as long as it's get's back to Calais :D

I have a nagging feeling you're winding us up with this Russian talk, but you really trumped everyone last year, so I'm not ruling anything out. :D

There's a lot of 80s Russian cars to choose from and it's not the obvious one :secret:

I'm not pushing anything from behind Mook. That's how i got this itch..... :P

There aren't many 80's russian shît boxes to choose from, especially these days, very few and far between.

When I was looking for either a Trabant or a Lada to bring along they were few and far between, which is why i'm calling bullshît, I hope i'm wrong though!

Thin a bit wider, Tipex - some Russian shitboxes were only sold in the USSR :D

I was hoping it'd be a Lada Riva/Niva .... whichever was the 4wd sh!tbox.

If it's a USSR market only sh!tbox I'll be disappointed in anything less than this...

ZIL-114-limo.jpg

That, my dear fellow northern friend, is a DIL limousine. Favourite ride of Brezhnev, Andropov and co.

I think you mean ZiL.

Sam Glover from Practical Classics has brought a few Ruski motors back to the UK recently.

Mind you, he's completely insane - he tried to get a Reliant Robin onto a track day at Castle Combe - they refused to let him on track, so he popped home and came back with a very early Volvo 300 series hatch.

Cool - thanks, vaguely recall seeing something like this, but not in the flesh / not a clue of the name.

Hey, Garcon BTW, I see that Monks Heath have re-opened as Mereside - they might stand a chance of surviving now they dont employ that favourite Subaru "Sales" Manager anymore..... :D Do you know if it is the same people?

Jon.

Hey, Garcon BTW, I see that Monks Heath have re-opened as Mereside - they might stand a chance of surviving now they dont employ that favourite Subaru "Sales" Manager anymore..... :D Do you know if it is the same people?

Jon.

I saw it had re-opened but not been near enough to find out who's involved. I'll pass on your regards if your favourite salesman is back... ;)

Bloody hell, I've just noticed the calendar, not long to go !