Would you buy a Lotus Elan?

collease

Been looking around at the two seater cars again and found a nice looking Elan SE Turbo 1.6 for just under 6000.

Just wondered what others thoughts were on them?

Thanks in advance.

No

Not even with someone elses barge pole!

Spend half as much again and you have a really sorted S1 Elise like Thorburns, NOW you are talking.

Or spend half the money on a decent MX5, I know where my old one is up for £2750, which is an absolute bargain, and less than they gave me for it!

Or a 'new shape' MX5 in decent spec with or without a folding hard top if that's your thang can be had for that sort of money.

It seems that the consensus is much the same as my own feelings and that of others i have spoken to.

I have not found an MX5 that i have liked enough to buy one so will keep looking and asking for opinions on other things. Thanks for the honest opinions guys its much appreciated.

Saw a review of an Elan that said it would put S3's as scoobys to shame. That's what prompted the post as after talking to many people it seemed a little far fetched.

As for the Elise it is a car i do like but it is currently still just above what i can afford even at that low price. I must admit the Nissan 200sx is an interesting suggestion mentioned by a friend. You certainly don't see many about.

How's the love life going, Collease ? :)

It's going about as well as the car hunting :ffs:. Lots of looking and nothing else. Managing to talk to people just not finding people that want to talk back. Still it's a step in the right direction. +++

Also looking to move back to Norfolk soon. Anyone know of any jobs going over that way that a muppet can do. :grin:

Like that? Have some more:

Commenting on a TsN thread is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

You've got to find the right slot underneath, keep going until you've filled it right up, then when that box can't take any more you must triumphantly leave your mark on her so that everyone can see.

If the 200sx is in your thinking how about a Integra R?

I like the Integra. Never driven one as the one person i know that owns one has told me there is no way in hell he will let me drive it. It is his baby so it's understandable. I will have a lool though and see if i can find a local one at a garage. I'm not someone that would ring up just to drive someones car with out actually wanting to buy it.

Thanks for the Suggestion Shao +++