New M5

Golfer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tongue was in my cheek there.

However if you can eek 25 mpg out of an M5 every day, then similar driving is going yield more than 18 out of an M3. I still think being put off by an extra £50/£100 a month in fuel when you're taking about V8s and V10s and cars costing £70k+ and their associated running costs, is a bit odd.

I don't. Economy pertains to more than just cost - what about usability. I had to seriously plan a trip to the Isle of Skye around the sort of driving I'd be doing and the frequency of petrol stations. Besides - you don't get rich by giving it away although I admit that argument is a bit weak given the price of the car!

Frankly I think it is amazing that I can eek 29mpg out of a car more powerful than a 355. Trouble is, when I bring myself to sell it all other performance cars will be doing 100mpg and I'll be waiting around for a museum to make me an offer!

I'm not sure golfer was meaning that. But he might now :)

What's an M3 capacity? 65 litres? On a long run like you suggest, maybe 23 mpg? So a range of 300+ mile? No excuse for running out of petrol there ;-)

I've never managed to put as much in it as the Leon, which takes about 63l when it is on vapours. The M3 never seems to go above about 59l but I'm told it is a 65l tank. Maybe mine has a hole?!

I got 400 miles out of the Skye trip but I was being a bit anal about finding 98 RON which was a bit sad really and the 98 RON stopped at Fort William. I stlll had a way to go at that point and all of it roads where if you wanted to have some fun 23 mpg would have been ambitious!

I'm not sure golfer was meaning that. But he might now :)

What's an M3 capacity? 65 litres? On a long run like you suggest, maybe 23 mpg? So a range of 300+ mile? No excuse for running out of petrol there ;-)

I can afford to put the fuel in, I just 'BEGRUDGE" putting it in to many times a week.;)

I've never managed to put as much in it as the Leon, which takes about 63l when it is on vapours. The M3 never seems to go above about 59l but I'm told it is a 65l tank. Maybe mine has a hole?!

I was told that when the range indicator shows zero you still have 5l of fuel left so your calculations would make sense.

Well after all the bartering I came away with a good discount but **** RV on my 330 D M Sport F31 :(

They offered 36K for a 6 month old 50K car, so I politely bowed out.

The latest M5 is not getting A Digital dash until at least november build, it will not have the "High beam assist " as my F31 has on it either, so only change will be the sat-nav.

Got back in mine and booted it all the way home and got 44 MPG:lol:, almost twice the M5's. :confused2

I thought Maybe new M3 next year. :thumbsup:

Best regards J

Was that £50k retail or what you paid?

If it was retail before discount, it isn't a bad offer to be honest. If it was what you paid, then it isn't great.

It was my total cost including PX so I expected a better deal as this would be my 6th new BMW with them, however could be a "blessing" as this M5 will not get the updates I have already on my F31 330D M Sport.

I am holding off for a look at the M3/M4 now.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Right "Bit the Bullet" got IMO a great deal on the New LCI M5 for September build October delivery.

F10 M5 Saloon S63 4.4i

Monte Carlo Blue

Silverstone Extended Merino Leather

Options over STD.

Steering wheel heating

20" M Double-spoke style 343M alloy wheels

Boot lid operation, powered

Comfort Access

Reversing Assist camera

Lumbar support, driver and front pass.

Seat heating, rear

Dark Ash wood interior trim

M Multi-function seats, front

High-beam Assistant

Surround-view

Internet

Loudspeaker system - BMW Professional

Sun protection glass

Speed limit display

Service Pack

Retail £81605.00

Got a great forward valuation on the 330D MS and need to find £34K to compete the deal in October.:cool:

Road Angel wired in for free as usual.

PS) high Beam assist is the latest "none blinding system" the lights do all sorts of trick things.

What do you guys think?.

Edited by Golfer

Hi Paul, I looked at the Silverstone and it really made the M5 look "Plain" IMO, I wanted that colour first till I saw one in the flesh.

Then decided on the Blue, it's easy to keep clean and looks clean even when a bit dirty.

I am changing the ASH too Aluminium Trim, I think it will look better.+++
If it's brushed aluminium then I'd refrain I were you, it markes SOOOOOOOOO fecking easily, we have it in the X5 and looks shocking now. Is there not a carbon option?! As you're going for Extended Silverstone a dark trim wood look best IMO
Hi Paul, I looked at the Silverstone and it really made the M5 look "Plain" IMO, I wanted that colour first till I saw one in the flesh.

Then decided on the Blue, it's easy to keep clean and looks clean even when a bit dirty.

I know what you mean, it's getting the best compromise with standing out and not looking tooooo leery.

I will have a look at the Wood again for the Interior, not seen the brushed Aluminium in the flesh.+++

Carbon not available TMK.

Just checked and it's Aluminium Trace and not Brushed Aluminium in the F10, so it may not mark the same. Piano black always looks good but fingerprints like a biatch !