New M5

Golfer

I'm kind of with Woppum on this one. Much as I love the BLUE colour of SSII - I don't think the phot you post Golfer shows it off best. However, as I said, you need to see SSII in the flesh to fully appreciate it. Maybe something dark would be best. Do they do a grey - a sort of Sparkling Graphite like Mollox has on his M3?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's two M5's local to use now, one is the Interlagos Blue, one Silverstone. Both have black interiors and of the two the Silverstone looks the more stunning.

We had SSII and full SS interior on the E60 M5, interior looks lovely, but gets dirty very quickly.

Friend gets his from Eastern BMW Edinburgh end of March/1st week April. He's gone for Silver Grey and Sakirh Orange leather... will look amazing too IMO.

There's two M5's local to use now, one is the Interlagos Blue, one Silverstone. Both have black interiors and of the two the Silverstone looks the more stunning.

We had SSII and full SS interior on the E60 M5, interior looks lovely, but gets dirty very quickly.

Friend gets his from Eastern BMW Edinburgh end of March/1st week April. He's gone for Silver Grey and Sakirh Orange leather... will look amazing too IMO.

YEA, Black not my colour, SSII with maybe the red leather, still got to test drive this beast, they say the earliest I can have one is 5th March now so I will wait till then to decide.

• 1 month later...

I really look forward to the results of that TD Golfer and also some comparisons with the M3. I gather the M5 has better fuel economy than the M3 too - amazing. One wonders if I'll ever be able to sell mine if and when I want to. I did get 29mpg out of an extended run once though.

I really look forward to the results of that TD Golfer and also some comparisons with the M3. I gather the M5 has better fuel economy than the M3 too - amazing. One wonders if I'll ever be able to sell mine if and when I want to. I did get 29mpg out of an extended run once though.
Interesting Andrew, my E90 M3 gave 23/25 MPG general driving, this M5 should be a tad better, will let you know.

I can truthfully say that I never looked at the the MPG figures of my M5, although I did once notice 30mpg on my CSL whilst desperately hunting down a filling station :o
TBH if this car averaged 18 MPG I would not be that keen, low 20's is to me acceptable for every day driving.

My E92, on its diet of return trips to the gym, gives about 17 mpg at the moment. But like I say, take it out for a proper run and it will do 25 easy. It drinks a bit when pootling about as all do I guess.

I wonder, based on watching the RS4 Harris video posted up earlier, what the M5 0-62 time is. They put the RS4 at 4.14s which is awfully quick. Can help but wonder if the M3's 4.6s is a bit low or whether the lack of 4WD is the really telling thing.

My E92, on its diet of return trips to the gym, gives about 17 mpg at the moment. But like I say, take it out for a proper run and it will do 25 easy. It drinks a bit when pootling about as all do I guess.

I wonder, based on watching the RS4 Harris video posted up earlier, what the M5 0-62 time is. They put the RS4 at 4.14s which is awfully quick. Can help but wonder if the M3's 4.6s is a bit low or whether the lack of 4WD is the really telling thing.

Tests have had the M5 in launch control down too 3.7 SECS, but TBH these are just "pub bragging numbers" who cares what the exact numbers are, personally I would not be "ragging the arse" off the car, spirited driving yes, launching it NO, for me anyway.

I do only "out of town" driving as we have a KIA 3 1.4 Diesel for local driving, so the M5 would always get fully warmed up each drive.:grin:

My mate has seen 30 MPG from his 2013 M6 with 2000 miles covered, admittedly this was at 70 MPH+++

This guy had some bad luck: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13766428#post13766428

Edited by Golfer

TBH if this car averaged 18 MPG I would not be that keen, low 20's is to me acceptable for every day driving.

Uh, wut? You're looking at £70k (?) of car but would be put off if it did 18 mpg, not 21? Urm, OK. Do you do 50k+ miles a year?

Uh, wut? You're looking at £70k (?) of car but would be put off if it did 18 mpg, not 21? Urm, OK. Do you do 50k+ miles a year?
NO 11000 miles, I drove the M5 home normal driving and it showed 25 MPG, this car has 4900 miles on the clock.