Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jon_bousfield

Q5 2.0TDI mpg

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else been really disappointed with the mpg on their new Q5? 32.1 over first 6000 miles compared with Audi claimed figures of 47.9 combined for me. Wasn't expecting miracles but thought it would at least be a few mpg better than my previous 3.0TDI A5 which comfortably averaged over 36!!

Could it be, that you are driving it in the same way (and expecting the same performance and go) as your old 3.0 A5? In which case, it will drink more as your foot in down harder! :grin:

Yikes! Thats horrific compared to our Sportback, I've seen 53-54 on the DIS driving it myself on a run. Weight, aerodynamics, the car industries obsession with ever increasing wheel and tyre sizes, and of course quattro don't help on the Q5

Tuning specifically to get results in the official mpg tests rather than for the real world don't help either. I don't know of any current spec car with all the latest devices like stop/go that can get close to its official figures.

Could it be, that you are driving it in the same way (and expecting the same performance and go) as your old 3.0 A5? In which case, it will drink more as your foot in down harder! :grin:

Definitely a bit of that cruiser and I certainly didn't expect to get anywhere close to the Audi quoted figures for all the reasons others have mentioned above but not nearly a third less!!

That's pretty poor I must say, it's quite a bit of the official mpg.

Would you consider getting a remap that's geared towards better mpg?