Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milo

Where do people buy their cleaning things these days?

19 posts in this topic

I need to re-stock on all manner of things. I used to buy from cleanandshiny but they're long gone. I seem to recall I've bought stuff Elite Car Care as well. Any suggestions?

That's always the problem with all these places, I can find everything I want instock, at price I want to pay :(

On the plus side, if you drop them an email or twitter they are quite proactive at sourcing stuff and giving discounts.

Elite Car Care

Who I have always used, and has always been superb. Alex posts on here too. +++

What do people use on their tyres? What is this stuff like: Dodo Juice Supernatural Tyre Dressing?

Cleanyourcar.co.uk

You cannot go wrong with them. I've used them for years.

Time to update your avatar and sig'.... ;)

Cleanyourcar had everything in, so have ordered through them. Ta :)

By the way, if anyone is looking for Gliptone, you can get a 250ml cleaner and 250ml conditioner for £9 from Gliptone Classic Leathercare Products (it works our cheaper than the 1 litre bottles).

Time to update your avatar and sig'.... ;)

Done, also got my new Citroen company motor on a 13 plate sitting outside, won't be able to drive it until tomorrow, but the sig is is prepp'd.

What do people use on their tyres? What is this stuff like: Dodo Juice Supernatural Tyre Dressing?

I used to use Meguiars endurance gel but now use an Autoglym trade product - Rubber Plus Cleaner.

Stick about 50ml in the bottom of a plastic cup and apply it with a small wheel brush or paintbrush. Lasts ages too and gives a nice silk finish - not stupidly shiny.

Only problem is it is trade only and comes in a 5l can so would last me years - I got it off a detailer friend who had just ordered another can so I had what was left in his old one. It's under £20 for 5l though.

Before that i have some stocks but now that clean things are returned!

Edited by Alan brad

Nothing. It's a tyre. I mean, honestly, isn't that just a little OCD?

Nothing. It's a tyre. I mean, honestly, isn't that just a little OCD?

Not really. It doesn't take much effort and is a nice finishing touch. If you've just bothered to spend X hours washing the whole thing including the wheels you might as well spend 5 minutes finishing it off, right?

I use Hot Wheels (IIRC) tyre spray which takes 5 seconds per wheel :grin: Spray and walk away +++

X hours to wash?

Not 15 mins at the local Polski setup?

Ah, anything anyone does must mean they have OCD compared to that :)

I never take it to a Polski setup. As Matt says it makes a real difference having done the tyres and it takes minutes (not many). Another thing that doesn't take much time and makes a big difference is the windows - a bit of Autoglym Fast Glass inside and out is just the thing!