Oh FFS this is just getting ridiculous

Mook

I've had a life-long dislike of Mercs. Generally well-built, but a bit, well, dull inside and positively the worst manual gearbox in the history of mankind (apart from the Renault 14). Some quick models and stuff, but nothing that's really said "you need one of these in your life".

The other problem for me has always been that they're a bit of, well, an old man's car. You know - 50 something, slip on shoes, bad taste jumper, plays golf at weekends.

And then there's the C63 AMG. Damn, bugger and bollocks. I've had a few drives, as well as a decent thrash in one, then the Brooklands experience and then to top it all off, an hour of pax laps then 10 laps driving round Donington late last year.

It's fine. I can live without one. Yes, I love the look of them, but I've got my sensible head on at the minute - far too much other stuff to be spending money on :rolleyes:

I keep seeing the odd one or two around. They look the muts, go like stink, sound amaaaaaazing and keep me thinking "just one more V8, then" :uhoh:

And then this morning, an 08 plate C63 AMG in black trundled up next to me at the lights, with it's flared front arches, massive wheels and big fat calipers winking at you. Lights red. Lights green, and he gunned it. Not just a bit of a "listen to my caaaaar", but a full on angry V8 shouting and spitting small animals out of the quad pipes :D

Feck. Feck, feckety, feckety feck. I've now got to go and buy one. There is no other choice. I'll never play golf, I'm a long way of 50, I've got no slip-on shoes, although I've got questionable taste in clothes apparently, so one of them will have to do.

Can anyone suggest any medication to help?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look bloody mean. There was one in the canoe club car park this morning and it certainly makes a statement. Are you talking a new one here - A_B posted something about all new ones coming with extra oomph for free!