If there is a God.....

Milo

....then the drug-test dodging, ban-serving knobber that is Rio Ferdinand, will be made to explain his actions in front of UEFA following his disgraceful behaviour last night after his team's deserved exit from this season's European football.

Purple Nose probably won't be there to support him though; he'll be 'too distraught' to turn up, even if he's contractually obliged to. Boohoo :toysoutofpram:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs get over it Twinspark, the only one who seems bitter is you. Just let it go and move on. So the Ref made a decision that seemed harsh, did you think that when kompany was sent off against Utd.

Remember that tackle when he didn't make any contact with Nani but because both feet were off the ground and because studs were raised it was deemed dangerous.

You and Utd fans didn't have a problem with the rules then.

No one has mentioned your cheating Brazilian full back deliberately hand balling a Varane header on the line then celebrating like he was a brave hero.

Also want to mention what a crap game of football it was. Considering the talent on the pitch and the build up, the players looked so nervous and the standard was so poor.

Fully expect to be called bitter for stating some facts.

I only heard it on the radio driving home after a really bad day down south fighting my way through crap traffic in London, but after the full days build up on the radio about it being the game "the world will watch" it was dull as dishwater. The only excitement being Nani's exit.

Kompany's red card was ridiculous, but boy did I laugh... :grin:

There are plenty of bitter ABUs (Anyone But United) out there, however I wouldn't count any of those interested enough in football to post about it here among them. We all have our tribal bias which means we all enjoy the pain of certain other clubs.

It wasn't the thrilling match that was hyped, but until the card it was on an absolute knife-edge and could have gone either way. We were robbed of a potentially gripping finale.

If Nani hadn't seen red and IF Utd went on to win then it would be Madrid who were robbed by a "cheating" ref.

Two wrongs of course never make a right but the ref got the Rafael incident wrong.

Utd could have received 2 reds in that game.

Rafael's handball on the line came at 0-0 just a couple of minutes after the Nani sending off. So in my mind Utd deserved to be down to 10 men from that moment on. From there they lost 2 goals and THEY lost the tie.

The ref didn't cost them anything just like the ref didn't cost Chelsea when Terry was sent off and Chelsea still held on and beat Barcelona away last year.

As garcon says our loyalty can blind us, but Utd fans should look at the match as a whole rather than concentrate on that one decision.

What does p1ss me off is the ridiculous media sh!t storm one bored and lazy journalist can create by using a single tactical team choice to question Rooney's future at United, and then return to it later in the day asking the great unwashed their views on the "rumours" when he started the fúcking "rumours" in the first place.

Yes you, Phil McNumpty, BBC "chief football writer". You. You're a D1ckhead.

I think the entire football community is far too keen to over-estimate the "potential" of decent young players coming through the ranks.

Realistically, I think Rooney has realised the potential he actually showed - as opposed to the hyped up version created by fans and media.

The Everton youngster who eclipsed every single one of Rooney's youth records coming through the ranks at Everton now plays at Oldham. :P

Is that Baxter?

I think your right about us building young players up too much.

Rooney was/is good, puts 100% effort in but technique wise he is miles behind the worlds best. Not his fault its the British mentality and development.

Still like to think of Ronney as that raw teen that ripped up Euro 04.

Ffs get over it Twinspark, the only one who seems bitter is you.

And not the person who started a new thread to have a dig at Rio? Or to roll out the same old insults directed towards the manager.

You're a Bertie, aren't you? So I wouldn't expect any rationality about this one.

Kompany went because the rules were specifically clarified to referees to stamp out that kind of (potentially) leg-breaking tackle. He deliberately went in both feet off the ground with his studs up (and trying to 'scissor' the legs of the opponent) - which is a little different to a player with a foot up, watching the ball coming in - and clashing because an unseen player was also coming in for it. (And Kompany agrees with me on this one, too!)

BTW, Rafael didn't 'deliberately' do anything, he was jumping, the ball was headed into his arm from a distance of about 3 inches!

Your 'facts' hold as much water as they did when Beneathus had his 'facts' press conference.

And not the person who started a new thread to have a dig at Rio? Or to roll out the same old insults directed towards the manager .

Bitter? Me? You're more mental than I thought you were :roflmao:

I love football, I love my team but I am under no illusions about what they're capable of. You though, you're simply blinded by your belief that your team, its players and its manager can do no wrong. When decisions go for them, it's "that's football", when they go against, you're ranting and raving about how unfair it all is.

I can't stand ferguson or Ferdinand and took great pleasure in seeing both spit their dummies out. But if you think for one moment that is a sign of jealousy, bitterness or envy, you're more fcuking mental and deluded than the lad who rang 999 to blub to to police that nani got sent off.

Billy called this one absolutely spot on, earlier.