New A8L Owner, Very Happy! - let the tinkering begin :)

M0rph_A8L

Hello guys and gals, had the A8 just over a week now, and have to say I am pretty impressed. the only thing that suprised me is that such a high spec car does not come with full bluetooth!.

I have the nokia in the armrest, silly thing is, I can see the bluetooth with my phone, and the MMI even asks if i want to bond it to the MMI, but when i put in any pin (match on car and phone) it just comes up, unable to pair on the phone (i have tried 2 different phones).

Anyway, I am based in swindon, wiltshire, and was wondering if there are any other members local?

My car was previously used as a chauffer car, so has been kept in almost spotless condition.

I really would like bluetooth, so have ordered the dension 500s so i can use my iPod, and pair up my phone for calls and audio streaming.

I keep fining buttons almost every day that I did not spot before!, so this is a learning experience.

Hope I can be of use in the forums, i do have vag.com if anybody needs the use of it.

now off to browse around the forum to see what other interesting things I can do to this car to make it even better!.

The other thing i want is to add the phono input plugs so I have a useable Aux 1 & 2.

My car has..

Digital TV

DAB

6CD

Phone prep (nokia in armrest)

NAV

This weekend I updated the NAV disc from 2006 to 2011 (could not find a later version) from a well known torrent site, I also updated the MMI software from 2120 to 5570, I have many many pics of the update process if anybody would like them, and now have a spare 3 cd set if anybody else would like to update yours.

The update went without a hitch, took about an hour, and i did it with the engine running.

Well if you guys have any other handy tips, I would love to hear them.

Cheers

Daz

KGrHqJiIFClS4oV-IBQ908uhtg60_12_zpsae9ca244.jpg

KGrHqRroFDkJELBt1BQ91RZnYw60_12_zpsf0c0ee09.jpg

KGrHqVqEFCZDus3BQ91HZf60_12_zpsb229bd2c.jpg

KGrHqRoIFCpOr3cm0BQ91Glidw60_12_zps9b5d05ec.jpga.jpg[/img]

Edited by M0rph_A8L

Hi! Good on ya!

I too, have just picked up an A8 over this weekend.

Mine is the A8 3.0 tdi. I could probably do with an upgrade to the firmware, if you are offering? I'll check my version.

I think with Bluetooth, there was a different spec introduced as I noticed that my newer phone would not connect to older ear pieces etc etc.

Lovely cars eh!

If you have a Motorola handset in the armrest with a SIM slot it is a phone, so you cannot pair another phone to it. To get bluetooth you would need to replace the handset system with a bluetooth system.

And if you do decide to update any other members systems with your 5570 disks then be prepared to buy them a new bluetooth module if you feck theirs up as can happen.

I was not offering to update people`s system`s!!, i stated i have a spare set of cd`s if they wated to update there`s........

as stated, my update went well with no hicups. I AM NOW, AND WILL NOT OFFER AN UPDATE SERVICE!!.

Just incase this is NOT CLEAR..... RE-READ THE POST!.

**** DISCLAIMER **** if you use the spare discs I have it is entirely at your own risk, if you screw your car up, you are resposable, your car, your risk. I WILL NOT REPLACE ANY DAMAGED EQUIPMENT

now thats clear, I am hopefully getting the dension delivered today, and will be fitting it, if I have time before going to work.

I will update this thread, with my progress..

Not really in my interest, but if people do updates and it goes wrong it can be expensive and that's when I get the call ala Ghostbusters

Just for the record, nice car, although not a fan of the LWB i do love the D3 A8's and I miss my W12 and S8's badly at times.

As for the AUX inputs, yes £30, but no stock.

Edited by craigyb

Thanks for your reply.

I have fitted the Dension 500S BT today, all is good apart from now being told by Dension I have to disconnect and bypass the existing SAP luetooth module, for the Dension to function 100%!.

I am pretty sure the Motorola Bluetooth module is under the drivers seat, but dont have time to check today, anybody have more into on this, and where i can get a optical bypass?.

I am loving this car, and its comming along nicely.

@craigyb please let me know when there back in stock.

If anybody has a pic of the module in place i would be greatfull

Thanks

Daz

Edited by M0rph_A8L

Thanks for your help, Modules was in the passenger footwell, you dont have to remove or unbolt the seat, there is enough access down there!.

Unplugged the large blue plug, and installed the MOST loop, all fits back in the box perfect.

All tested and now have 100% bluetooth, phonebook access from the TEL button on the dash.

95% happy..... why??????

Well have noticed that now when I press the speech button on the steering it now does nothing??

So now I am not sure why. Is the module under the seat just the bluetooth? or is that part of the speech module?.

Any help appreciated @craigyb you seem to be pretty upto scratch on these things so if you have some input I would be greatfull.

Thanks

Daz

Dension doesn't have SDS, so as mentioned it depends if you have a full SDS module installed in your radio which if your did have the SDS should still work, but I have to say sometimes when people carry out their own updates the SDS module doesn't update properly and will show a software level fault. To get around this your need update disk 3460 and 4420 to fix the SDS software.

Thanks, After being left overnight, all is working 100% full sds, bluetooth, audio streaming, phonebook and phone functions on the TEL button in the dash.

over the moon with my tinkering so far.

not sure if there is much left..... AUX IN so i can add a cyclone media player, or android media player, just got to find a supplier that has the AUX in leads!.

Daz