2013 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

Andy_Bangle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot love between the top four in the 'podium room'. If you saw the broadcast, no one was happy in that room. Particularly Mark. I do feel sorry for him somewhat, Rosberg too.

Multi 21: Vettel was told "This is silly, Seb, come on" by Horner. Webber told: "OK, Mark, he was told." - The Gloves are Off!! :eek:

Messages sent to Hamilton regarding saving fuel, and Rosberg being told to hold station. Did Rosberg have the fuel to push Lewis at full pace?

Rosberg: "Remember this one". Favour done so he expects a favour returned.

As for Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton when he pulled into the McLaren pits :roflmao:

pitslewis124831824719462126.jpg

Webber wasn't at all happy on the podium, wonder if "quick peddler" is Ozzy slang :D

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Well, that was interesting.

Team orders ignored at Red Bull, orders held at Mercedes.

Nico should have stuck 2 fingers up to Brawn and passed Lewis - he has now consigned himself to being no. 2 driver for the season.

As per post up there... team orders being pulled in race 2 - and especially in the case of Mercedes, completely unfair, as Lewis was out of tyres and fuel over the last handful of laps.

Is SV becoming a bit of a cock? 'Get 'Webber' out of my way, that's pathetic. MW should go to another team as he will never be allowed to win at RedBull if SV is behind. A bit like Massa at Ferrari and now Rosberg at Mercs.

Did you see how awkward Adrian Newey looked!

Beats me why this 'relationship' keeps plodding on as it's clear the two have little respect for each other, SV and MW. It sounds like there is no doubt that they were both asked to turn their engines down and stay in formation.

Given that fact I think as soon as Webber saw SV he should have just chinned him. Knock the fecker out then help him to his feet, shake his hand and put today behind them and move on. No, this is 2013 so the pair will give each other the silent treatment, MW will be in a huff and the chip will remain on his shoulder.

Don't agree that NR is now going to be treated as the number 2 driver. They were allowed to race up until the last few laps when there was no way of catching the Red Bulls. There are team orders in every team and just because NR was told to hold station does not mean that he will be treated like the number two. The only reason judging by what was shown on the tv that he was even catching LH was because of the fuel issue. Before that they were running very similar times so who is to say that NR would have been able to catch and pass LH in time.

At the end of the race Lewis looked fed up as he would rather have been able to race to the end rather than be told he has to fuel save and then finds out that NR is made to stay behind him.

If you ask me for an elite racing class it needs to be made more about driver ability and not about how good your car is. Give everyone the same package and just allow tuning of it and see who comes out on top. Bet there would be a lot of surprises in the races then.

You've just described Indycar. Which is bloody awful since they started going down the road of fixed chassis and aero packaging.

My take is that Nico looked after fuel and tyres much better than Lewis - when Lewis was chasing the Red Bulls he burned fuel and destroyed tyres. Nico took the long-term view and had plenty of both left come the last half dozen laps.

Hamilton was a sitting duck at the tail end of that race - in major fuel save mode just to get to the end - and it's quite likely that Button would have caught him if McLaren hadn't buggered up the pit stop.

You've just described Indycar. Which is bloody awful since they started going down the road of fixed chassis and aero packaging.

My take is that Nico looked after fuel and tyres much better than Lewis - when Lewis was chasing the Red Bulls he burned fuel and destroyed tyres. Nico took the long-term view and had plenty of both left come the last half dozen laps.

Hamilton was a sitting duck at the tail end of that race - in major fuel save mode just to get to the end - and it's quite likely that Button would have caught him if McLaren hadn't buggered up the pit stop.

are you Mystic Meg in disguise?

SV looking like a right bitch after this. Respect for him has massively plummeted.

He is turning into Schumi. Winning is everything and fück everyone else. This is ok but if the team don't keep Webber happy, will he continue to score points for the team for the rest of the season. Can't see Webber taking this, this time. He's way too p1ssed off now.

Schumacher never would have apologised. He'd see that Mark Webber is getting to the end of his career and know that come the end of the season, if he is still getting the results Red Bull would still be forced to keep him on and bring in a meek driver to back him up.

How many points do we think Perez is going to score this year? Looks like a 17 year old in his Ferrari birthday present. McMerc must be getting paid some serious wonga to let him drag them down. Shame.

Perez looks way out of his depth. Button did an amazing race and was let down (again) by the team. They are shocking at times. RedBull are super quick in the pits. 2.3 secs to do the 4 wheels! RedBull still need two top drivers for the Constuctors Championship though. Can't wait for the next race, its been ace so far.

I can see both sides of the Seb/Web argument.

Seb's fans will say it's his passion to win, he's a racing driver and they need to be selfish and have that desire to win at all all costs etc etc, and that Webber lacks all that and he'll never win the championship because of it.

Web's fans will say he's a team player and was doing what he was told for the good of the team, and that Seb was selfish and reckless and could have cost them both a finish.

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

In the real world, Seb would be fired for not doing what he was told by his boss, but F1 isn't the real world, and the drivers are often bigger than the teams, Red Bull won't want to risk losing their best chance at a championship victory by upsetting Seb, so I can't see anything being done about it, they'll tell Webber that he's said sorry and he won't do it again, and then worry about it when he does.

I can see both sides of the Seb/Web argument.

Seb's fans will say it's his passion to win, he's a racing driver and they need to be selfish and have that desire to win at all all costs etc etc, and that Webber lacks all that and he'll never win the championship because of it.

Web's fans will say he's a team player and was doing what he was told for the good of the team, and that Seb was selfish and reckless and could have cost them both a finish.

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

In the real world, Seb would be fired for not doing what he was told by his boss, but F1 isn't the real world, and the drivers are often bigger than the teams, Red Bull won't want to risk losing their best chance at a championship victory by upsetting Seb, so I can't see anything being done about it, they'll tell Webber that he's said sorry and he won't do it again, and then worry about it when he does.

Blimey, I am agreeing with Tipex in a motorsport thread.

I was thinking alot yesterday about Ronnie Peterson and Gilles Villeneuve. Both sat behind slower team mates, and yes both never won a drivers championship. But I dont think the world thinks any less of them for that.

Garcon, genuine lol. I felt sorry for them tbh - they were both looking good for points again - does anyone have a link confirming what the problem was? They seemed to have no issues during the race seven days before in Australia

They upgraded the wheel nuts coming to this race, it was meant to make the pit stops faster however they weren't developed with help from Mcclaren who make a critical part of them.

Something about when they took the wheelnut off, a piece was staying inside the wheel they had to manually get out without the help of the gun.

Tweet by Vijay Mallya (@TheVijayMallya):

Faulty wheel nuts cost Sahara Force India a possible strong double points finish at the Malaysia GP. Race pace of the cars very impressive.

Smallad130325.jpg

Edited by Andy_Bangle