Bloody Chris Harris...

DanG

I have been toying with the idea of changing my car in recent months.

Not for any real reason other than I am getting a little bored of the 'gangsta white and tinted windas' look and its just about to hit 3 years and 50k miles.

Its been fantastic, comfy, frugal and quick, its the 2.0T quattro avant black with all toys etc and i was looking at an XC90 auto as a replacement but know in my heart of hearts it'll be really dull and whilst i like to think i am a Middel Class family man, I am not really ready for the pipe and slippers and only have my son occasionally - but do still like a bit of tweed, dogs and shooting so an estate it has to be.

So whilst looking at the new RS6 which is still a bit too toppy for the next year or so I have been drawn to the S4 Avant, but had managed to resist it as there isnt that much wrong with mine really...

until this:

Audi S4 Avant: PH Fleet - PistonHeads

and this:

wl9wGfplgdg

and this:

audi-s4-avant-s4-tfsi-quattro-5dr-s-tronic-13783126-1.jpg

I have a lot of time for Chris Harris too - ok, he's a Porsche guy, but I do like his work and can relate to a few of the things he has driven....

So, tomorrow, I am off to West London Audi to have a little look about..... (probably clean my car first...)

Sprint disappeared off the standard colour palette for 2011. There are a couple of 2011 '60' plates around, but Sprint is super rare on a 2011 '11'.

Those are winter tyres for sure - probably a second set of alloys the previous owner bought with it. Audi won't want to faff around selling those separately, hence I'd 'bid' for the car the summer 19s, and drive a seriously hard bargain for the winter 18s separately afterwards....

Dan, I'm only 3 and a bit weeks into the new car but I can safely say the 3.0T engine is superb. I can coax 25 mpg knocking around the doors and the 7-speed DSG box is a joy. Oddly, I would agree with the 2nd to 1st change though, it can be a bit lumpy.

I would try and get one with Drive Select as it has a loud button for the exhaust :roflmao:

Yes, i spoke with a dealer and asked abut residuals and he said 'oh really strong on these sir' and then in the same breath offered me £10k off one sitting there in the showroom!

£33k for a fully specced R Design model - brand spanking new in the rather dubious (Jimmy) Savile Grey.

its tempting.

Yes, i spoke with a dealer and asked abut residuals and he said 'oh really strong on these sir' and then in the same breath offered me £10k off one sitting there in the showroom!

£33k for a fully specced R Design model - brand spanking new in the rather dubious (Jimmy) Savile Grey.

its tempting.

It was the R Design that interested us too - the grey actually looks really nice! Check out the prices on autoebid

Not well, went out and got slightly drunk instead.... :)

Today is another day however and we should finish at about lunchtime, so....

As it happens i have just heard from my parents that my brother has just picked up (yet another) Audi yesterday, without telling me, so I am a bit miffed as he had an S4 Cabriolet which I presume he has traded in for peanuts... which could have worked.

In fact, i'll pull my finger out and get up there now...via the cleaning chaps (microfibre cloths etc)