Black Edition - Rotor Alloys

hixster

Had a very strange experience today at the dealers. I've been looking for a A5 black edition quattro, 3 years old max circa £22-24k.

My dealer showed me a car which had come in on Friday part-ex but wasn't on the main forecourt yet, it matched my spec exactly and I was keen to see it again and went back on Saturday. It's a 2010 plate special edition, which I understand from them is before the black edition was available, but this car essentially has all the same features as the black pack though - grill, piano black inlays and I'm pretty sure 100% it had 19" rotor alloys.

That was Saturday...

I arranged a test drive for today and when the car pulled up I instantly saw it had Y spoke shape alloys, which i'm not keen on. I actually thought it was a different car at first, then asked if the rotors had been taken off to be refurbed as the car is being prepped for the forecourt. The dealer insists that the rotor alloys weren' t on the car and aren't even available on the MY2010 spec car.

So - was I imagining the rotors after all? - I did see the car twice and am convinced it had them on before today, wish i'd taken a picture.

Do dealers ever switch the wheels around on the cars? Unlikely but you never know ( I was once offered Recarros out of an R32 they had on the forecourt as mine were faulty!)

Does anyone know if these wheels were available on that model? I'm sure I've seen rotor alloys on A5's as far back as 58 plates? (are these aftermarket? -> http://bit.ly/179B6Sb)

All in all was a bit of a deal breaker, I'm dead set on having those rims and am not a fan of the Y shaped alloys.

Edited by hixster