2010 1.8 FSi engine

MrAvant

Hi Guy's,

Been away from Audi's for the past 14 months now thinking of coming back :)

Seen a 2010 A4 1.8T FSi but was not sure on the petrol engine as I have been used to Diesels.

Now I cant remember if someone told me once to stay away from all of VAG's FSi engines, Is this try???

Thanks

FSI yes maybe - the 1.6 FSI in the 8P A3 and Mk5 Golf was pretty dire - but the 1.8 TFSI in a 2010 A3 is a much newer engine and with 160 bhp much better than the NA engines.

You don't fancy another 2.0 TDi then?

1.8TFSI comes on 120PS and 160PS - engine are the same just map differences. If you find a 120PS that you like, the power problem can be fixed for 499 English pounds.

1.8TFSI and 2.0TFSI are identical apart from the crank in the transverse engines. Wouldn't be surprised if the A4/A5/A6 versions were the same. Good engine, quite economical, not heard of many problems apart from cam chain tensioners on transverse 2.0T.

Edited by shark_90

Thanks guys for the input...

I actually ended up staying away from that particular car as it did not have quite the right spec!!!!

I wouldn't mind another 2.0TDi but it would have to be a manual this time as the multitronic was way too slow and the manual TDI is much quicker.