S5 Bluetooth capability

Foggy

Do you guys know whether it is possible to stream music over Bluetooth in an A5 / S5 ? My phone has paired without a problem but only as a headset.

Doing the same in the missus' A1 pairs the phone for both headset and music so it's not a limitation of the phone but it would appear that this is a limitation of the software in the A5 Bluetooth stack. The S5 is a face lifted model so relatively recent unless this is technology inherited from the original car ( I am assuming this is the case ) but I was hoping that it would just be a simple software update. Unfortunately I was kind of fobbed off by Audi so I don't have a definitive answer.

I can of course use SD cards, but it's nice to everything in one place :)

Foggy, I've got the Bluetooth audio player set up in my S5 using an iPhone 4S. You lose some of the features you would get by using a physical cable but I set the iPhone to play a playlist and stream it to the MMI via Bluetooth +++

Edited by Milo

How odd, it won't see my phone as a media device.

Oh well, went with a 32GB SD card in the end although I have heard since that AMI can 'spaz out' if you put too much data on the card so a smaller card would have done the trick.

Very odd. Mine lets me keep my work phone paired to the Bluetooth system so I can take calls and also let me use another phone, my 4S, as a Bluetooth audio player.

Have you tried pairing it specifically as an audio player? The normal Bluetooth pairing is not sufficient.