Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eldavo69

Porsche whispers

10 posts in this topic

Things I heard from the dealer principle last night:

991 Turbo and Turbo S hopefully this year.

Macan (pronounced Ma-Khan apparently) Q1 2014 £39-£45k. Possibility of a 2 litre engine, couple of 3 litres, diesel and possibly the 4.2v8

Baby Panamera in the pipeline - think 5 series size, Maserati Ghibli competitor already.

918 Spider confirmed at Goodwood - first customer car delivered Q3 this year.

Electric Panamera this June/July - you need a Porsche Approved House Survey before you can buy one - I kid you not!

50th Anniversary 911 - no spec details yet but 50 cars for the UKs 33 dealers.

New car to plug the gap between £150k for a 991 turbo/gt3 and €795k for a 918. Priced around £200k - F458/MP12C competitor mid engined V8 a possibility.

You forgot the 4 cylinder, 2.5 litre turbocharged Cayman (but not this year)...

I'm off to the launch of the Cayman here next week... Could be a contender for my daily driver.

Given that one of the guys on the 944 forum has 415bhp from his 2.5l 4 cylinder turbo then a turbo cayman with a little getting could be a real 911 killer.

Go back and ask for something new :P

Things I heard from the dealer principle last night:

991 Turbo and Turbo S hopefully this year. - The Turbo has been seen undisguised on the streets already.

Baby Panamera in the pipeline. - The Porsche Boss announced this in January.

918 Spider confirmed at Goodwood - The 918 Spyder was there in 2012, maybe the spider is a new model :P

Electric Panamera this June/July! (in Germany) Porsche will unveil the car during Auto China in Shanghai later in April.

PS: Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Fine Bongle!

Turbo may have been seen but the Turbo S is normally some time later in the life cycle - he said that both models may well be out this year.

June/July was the date they'd have the electric Panamera in the dealerships alongside a "seed car" for lending to businesses for 2-3 day extended yet drives.

Spider/Spyder at Goodwood would be on track not just static alongside a national series where Porsche GB would be campaigning a historic racer 911 alongside a 991.

Baby Panamera announced but he'd seen imagery that was beyond concept phase.

All DPs went to a 9 hour meeting with over 260 PowerPoint slides on Porsche's plans for the next 5 years. This includes new dealerships and massive refurbs for quite a few too.

Edited by eldavo69

Why on earth there is a Turbo and a Turbo S to choose from is beyond me.

"Want a Turbo but not the quickest Turbo so really the poor man's option, get a Turbo. Want to be better than the poor man and go a bit quicker, get a Turbo S."

Turbo S has historically been a late model with a minimal power upgrade but a load of optional kit as standard that works out cheaper than speccing it all separately.

They probably want to bring more Turbo derivatives out as its their most profitable model by far isn't it... /cynic

I think the Boxster is the most profitable Porsche model, followed by the bogo Carrera, a lot of shared parts between those two, too.

Turbo is a proper Supercar. There isn't really anything out there that can beat it in the real world, A to B type scenario.

It's bonkers quick and with levels of grip I just haven't experienced in anything else 'road going'.

There is more track focused equipment out there, but again, a PDK equipped Turbo with the power and grip it has would hold its own around most European tracks...

I'd love one, but with a car like that comes a huge amount of responsibility, and I am but a child at heart.

991 Turbo and Turbo S hopefully this year.

918 Spider confirmed at Goodwood - first customer car delivered Q3 this year.

My boss has had a letter of intent in for a 991 Turbo in for ages as a replacement for his DB9 - he better not chop the Scud for it!!!

I went to the super secret 918 Spyder reveal at Goodwood and had a chat with the program director - its absolutely awesome (apart from the front looking rather dull) +++