Could be the one!!

MrAvant

Hi Guy's,

As some of you know I wanted to get rid of my E60 530d M Sport and come back to an Audi.

I have found a 2009 (59) A5 2.0 TDi S line 170bhp Manual with 44k on the clock.

Used Cars - 2009 Audi A5 2.0 TDI S Line 5dr - LEATHER - 3G NAV - PHONE - XENONS Silver

Question is, what do you think and any major service work coming soon as it has done 44k?

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

thanks

Looks lovely and pretty good money I reckon for an 09 car. What were they new?

60k is the big one, so as long as it's got a full main dealer history, I'd say it's fine. As it's with a supermarket, I'd guess it's come straight from the end of a finance deal as a company car or similar.

Not sure what they were new but I can not find one with the same spec and more importantly all the toys the Mrs is used to!!!!

What needs to be done at 60k?

will the cambelt be due next year? I'm sure on my A4 it was 5 years...

Just seeing if we can do a deal with my px. Finger crossed :)

At that mileage I'd allow for brake discs/pads in the not too distant future, if you have the full reg and it's local plates on it you may well be able to find out last mileage change ... assume they also have to sell with minimum 4mm tyres ?

I was just going to say the same as Booster .... sometimes it better to stick with the devil you know (take no notice of me, I've no got about three cars I want to own once I can get rid of the X5 and don't need the extra seats +++ )

Changing for economy doesn't always make financial sense: The depreciation on the existing car is realised (as you have found out) and you instantly lose £1500 driving off the forecourt in the new one.

Im guessing that the BMW is giving you around 38mpg average and the Audi will return around 45mpg average.

That is a lot of visits to the garage to make it worthwhile.

Having gone from an A5 to a BMW, you would be losing a refined, six cylinder engine for a raspy four pot and losing all steering feedback.....

I was going to mention going from powerful 6 to a droney 4.

Servicing and repair wise, you'll be using an independent anyway? As you do for the BM? So that'll save you some cash.