ECU Remapping a Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDi

FPKia

I've had a remapped VW Golf 2.0 TDi 140 and I was happy with the 160+ results.

My new car is a Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDi and at 126ps it's a little short in the power department. Can any one recommend either:-

1) ECU re-mapping company that can deal with Kia's

2) Diesel tuning box supplier

I understand that remapping would produce better results, so that is my primary choice. However, with the car being new and under a 7 year warranty, I'm also considering a tuning box that can be removed for services. Main reasons are that I've seen it suggested that during a service, the dealer may either be able to see that it's been re-mapped (voiding any future warranty work) or zap it if they work on the cars ECU. MY previous VW Golf never had an issue during services though.

It's a lower powered vehicle but if it can receive a power increase that would be the icing on the cake.

Edited by FPKia
Edited for clarity

Hi!

Welcome to TSN.

Not sure what to suggest. You might want to ring up a Kia dealer and ask about warranty with a remap and if a service would wipe the ECU.

Obviosuly, you can call a completely different Kia dealer to the one you normally use............... :grin:

I've been pointed at a Evolution remap. The company have stated they will re-apply if a service update removes the remap.

I don't believe the Kia will dealer would OK a remap. I asked them about having the brake calipers painted and, after a lot of tutting, they said it would be classed as 'modification' and would affect the warranty!

Another question is would they be able to detect the remap?