Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

BMW UK Pricing for M5, M6 with Competition Package & New 518d

39 posts in this topic

I think they look awesome.

I think the car above looks excellent and the wheels do too.

However, I've seen two silver M5's and they looked nothing like that. I think there is a lot of photo-trickery and flash clever-buggery going on in that photograph.

You might have something there MrMe. There is definitely something more attractive about that photo than I've seen in the flesh.

Photographed in a studio with precise directional lighting to accentuate the lines and then stuck on a nice background and buggered about with.

Don't forget thats the LCI model, revised head lights make it look meaner/lower at the front, plus the kidney Grills are changed.

I'm still getting over the fact BMW now want over 100k for an M6 - who the hell is buying these full price??!

Photographed in a studio with precise directional lighting to accentuate the lines and then stuck on a nice background and buggered about with.

It''ll be taken outside with additional lighting. Check any of the pics in Evo that Deano takes - nearly all of them with additional lighting.

Silver is the new, erm, silver. It's just a bit, well, boring. Yes, yes, I know I've had a couple of silver cars, but that was ages ago :P

I'm still getting over the fact BMW now want over 100k for an M6 - who the hell is buying these full price??!

Whilst I agree with you, it's the same with the R8.

The M6 starts at £93k. The standard R8 starts at £93k. The R8 Spyder starts at £101k.

The V10 R8 starts at £113k with the V10 Plus being £125k for a manual car.

Both without any options.

A basic 991 Carrera S is £84k now with the 4S starting at £88k. If you want a Turbo (not an S) they'll take another £30k from you. The big point of course is that on any of those cars you're going to spend a minimum of £10k on options, probably much more. I know someone who has a 991 Carrera 4S on order and has paid £104k for it....

If you want a Turbo (not an S) they'll take another £30k from you.

Whereas the additional cost to them is about £5k. Porsche love the 911 Twbo, it is the highest-margin product they have. I suspect it will be in their range forever.

Whereas the additional cost to them is about £5k. Porsche love the 911 Twbo, it is the highest-margin product they have. I suspect it will be in their range forever.

Loving the use of "Twbo" MrP have a Tapatalk "like" for your collection.

4.2 seconds and no estate version...?

Meh.

5uqy6ara.jpg

:devil:

It will also surprise some 911 Trbo drivers too :)