Kia Sportage - taking over the UK?

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quite like the options process. It's a bit exciting, in a sad kind of way.:roflmao:

I understand what you mean but some manufacturers have made it a bit ridiculous now; it has become a chore! Charging for cruise control on £100k + cars is bonkers imo.

You need to go to night school to spec Audi's and BMW's these days is totally ridiculous and mostly a rip off.

Agree. I couldn't believe the array of options available for the 1-series and A3.

Lumbar support, bluetooth (and that includes A2DP streaming, not just phone profile) and DAB should be standard in all cars - I think cruise should be, too - but what really wound me up was packaging cruise with a load of other options I didn't need, and charging 3 times what cruise alone should cost.

I have tried cruise a few times as most of my cars have had it, but I only use it once or twice on each car, then I don't bother.

I find I keep having to turn it off, then resume, off, resume off, then my foot takes over. Also I don't like the slowing down bit when going downhills.

I use it occasionally on UK roads, mainly through road works with 50 limits when there's not much traffic around, it was a godsend when driving down through France last week, no cars for bloody miles...

I have a lot of respect for Hyundai and Kia and for the increasing number of people who just want decent transport who are flocking to them.

All the new models look good, they're sensibly priced, they have solid 5 and 7 year warranties, and they pretty much do exactly what they say on the tin.

They're also the reason I think Subaru will pull out of the UK altogether before long. Subaru UK have decided to concentrate on their soft/offroaders - the XC and Forester - but everyone in that market is buying Hyundais and Kias instead because they're cheaper, better cars with better warranties and (these days) more dealers who provide better service.

That Kia I mentioned was in our office car park yesterday......

attachment.php?attachmentid=48649&stc=1&d=1370523713

..is having a new windscreen fitted after 4 days of ownership!

Turns out its female owner swapped an Alfa Guiletta for it and on her way in to the office a truck kicked up a stone which smashed the screen.

Poor bugger. It's left a nasty dink on the bonnet too.

post-6775-137914498846_thumb.jpg

I like the look of them a lot and in the impending new world of 'economic reality' they make a huge amount of sense.

As a range, they just need a 2 seater roadster and a sports coupe and they could have some far bigger players very worried.

:D

think that will be some years off , but my nephew is a service manager at the local honda dealers who have a kia dealer stuck on the end and they are planning to be the number one manufacturer in 10 years they want everyone driving kia and hyundai, and last year in Canada I noticed they are well on the way as all i saw where korean cars but they have a fair bit more variety of models over there

I like the look of them a lot and in the impending new world of 'economic reality' they make a huge amount of sense.

As a range, they just need a 2 seater roadster and a sports coupe and they could have some far bigger players very worried.

:D

Kia recently did a concept car of a two seater roadster and it looked amazing!