Carbon full suspension MTBs

Milo

Anyone got one? If so, how d'you find it?

I'm tempted to sell my carbon Scott hardtail and go for a carbon Scott full suspension. Would need to take one on a demo day but would be interested to hear opinions of how the carbon frames behave.

Friend of mine is a bike journalist. He had to send "his" Gary Fisher Super Fly back when it broke.

If you do lots of rocky descents where big rocks are being thrown at your frame you would at least want to check their stance on warrantee claims.

It was amazing the difference his bike made - at the front of the group. The next week when he came out on his prophet he was back in the back. It is all about the bike...

Cheers guys.

Demo days and testing would be required before committing +++

I love my carbon Scott Scale 20, it's really quick and comfy [once i got the set up right] to the point a 40 mile trek leaves you as fresh as when you jumped on it. I know it's easy to get stuck with one manufacturer (bikes and cars) but if the carbon Scotts perform as well as the hardtails, it'll take a lot to match it for me, for the same money. I also get a very large discount on Scott, sadly not on Lapierre or Specialized. And no longer Orange either :-(

Not sure on other manufacturers but I know Scott give a 5 guarantee on the carbon frames.

It's XL, which is for 6' and over iirc. The L was up to 6'2" I think.

I'm 6'3" and the L was too cramped. In fact I reckon at 6'1" you would be pushing its limits. The difference in frame size was minimal but the difference in comfort was huge +++