[Audi A3/S3] Audi S3 8L Boost/Power Surge @ 4000 Revs ( Please Help !!!!)

A3_Beast

Good afternoon Gentlemen !!!

I havent been on here for a while and have bought a new car since. Its a 2000 Audi S3 8L which currently has 87000 Miles on the clock.

Completly Standard Accept Forge Splitter R Valve which i have set to recirculate. I will be getting a Forge 007p to replace this at some point.

At the moment i am having running problems with my car and it would be very much appreciated if you guys could help me diagnose the problem.

Everyday driving is pretty bad for me at the minute. Car runs boggy and has bad fuel ecconomy. Not the first S3 experience i was expecting but i will not let it defeat me.

When i first got the car it was lacking in power and stuggling to get up in the rev range. I had it scanned on Vag-com and it had some errors relating to the the air flow meter and cam position sensor.

I replaced them both which made the car run a little better. I then had it scanned again and it brought up no errors but my problems still persists.

I am having this annoying power surge when the car gets to approximatly 4000 revs in the higher gears.

1st 2nd 3rd gear are near on perfect with good power delivery.

Then you get to 4th gear and the car loses power and struggles as if i get a boost,fuel cut or something.

Then at 5200 revs it shoots up again until i change to 5th where the power loss continues.

Foot down @ 3k 1st gear Normal

Foot down @ 3k 2nd gear Normal

Foot down @ 3k 3rd gear Normal

Foot down @ 3k 4th,5th,6th gear

Power surge starts and sounds like the turbo is spooling on and off and the car struggles to climb up through the rev range.

This problem has been going on for a while now and i cant work out whats going on with my car.

If anyone has experienced this problem or can give me any advice it would be greatly apprciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my post.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My S3 was running like this. Look for boost leaks and splits in vacuum lines, in my case it was a split in the line that runs from just after the compressor to the N75 valve. Replaced it with a forge silicon one and it now pulls cleanly through all the gears.

Thanks for the reply makaveli. I have actually sold the car now and didnt end up sorting out the problem in question. But your advice could sure help me in the future dude thanks.