Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drumstick

A3 1.9tdi or golf 1.9tdi??

10 posts in this topic

Hi folks, thinking of getting either of the above cars, prob a 130bhp 2002ish model.

are the engines and gear boxes the same in both cars? What sort of mileage can I expect from a well maintained one, I have heard rumours of 300k is that true?

is there anything particular to look out for when buying either of these motors?

is it just personal preference on the body shape as I'm having a hard time deciding.:confused::ffs::rolleyes:

A3 is a firmer ride, but has a hardier interior.

Check for full service history and cambelt/tensioner and water pump changes. 300k is no problem if they're looked after properly - true of pretty much any modern car, unless it's French.

Do you need a hatch? If not the Bora can often be found with higher spec for comparable money as they pushed a lot of 'highline' specs out towards the end of the model run.

Beetle 1.9tdi - handles better than the Golf (and some would argue looks better) +++ But Beetle had only low power variant of this engine.

Thanks for the replys.

A hatch is far more useful to me. Going to miss the space as it is going from an A6 avant.

You'd be surprised how big a Mk5 Golf is... :)

All cars either look absolutely tiny or unimaginably big to me, depending on whether I've just got out of the Landie or the Caterham :coffee:

That all depends which specs you've got on :P

Ah! So that's what I've been getting wrong! You mean I still need my glasses when I'm racing?? :roflmao:

All cars either look absolutely tiny or unimaginably big to me, depending on whether I've just got out of the Landie or the Caterham :coffee:

survival-faraway.jpg

survival-faraway.jpg

I love that scene. Just brilliant +++