Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

Top Gear: Season 20

60 posts in this topic

Top Gear has been on its typical break which is used for filming, and writing up their array of non-scripted jokes, but now they are coming back, with an announcement trailer for the 20th season, which premieres next Sunday, on June 30, as usual, on BBC2.

The crew has been places and done a fair few things with which they hope to keep us entertained for the (short) duration of the season. We’re going to see the Ferrari F12Berlinetta, the electric Mercedes-Benz SLS and the Toyota Auris among others, as well as a limo drifting around a track – that always sounds like fun, especially considering that the likelihood of breaking in half is particularly high with these overly-stretched town cars.

Wrapping it up, the 20th season of TG is going to be more of the same, entertaining the hordes of fans they’ve acquired from around the world, but perhaps beginning to neglect the actual car guys who made up their show popular in the first place. Hopefully, it will be more about cars, and less about Jeremy Clarkson’s opinion on carrying babies in the cargo hold of planes.

BBC Worldwide blocked content. Muppets :rolleyes:

BBC Worldwide blocked content. Muppets :rolleyes:

******s. Who do they think owns them?

Now BBC UK has reposted the video and it plays, even outside the UK :ffs:

There was rather a lot of other interesting machinery in the background, and it's pretty obvious what the feature will be.

Thing is, they already did the 'Britain is great' think when they did the 50th anniversary of the E-Type.

3 blokes doing a 3 point turn ?

Isn't Schmee that boring geek moron who reckoned he had "an exclusive" at the Geneva motor show with a vid of the LaFerrari?

I dunno. I like the 'best of British line up' though.

They’re ditching the Kia Cee-apostrophe-D, in favor of a similar car in terms of class, price and performance, from the offering of a more traditional, local manufacturer – Vauxhall’s Astra hatch.

The have spent the last 2 days filming in Stratford-upon-avon and Bidford. Not sure what was being filmed as i was at work.

Best of British.:roflmao:

They're about as British as Donald Trump is Scottish. Questionable connections nowadays to say the least.

Going by the previous series, the first episode is normally the best which sadly doesn't look good for the rest of the series. Hot hatch bit was ok, rest was just rubbish.

Rachel Riley and Joss Stone would both get it:-)

I set up a Twitter column for the #TopGear hashtag. Couldn't read it, it was just flying past :eek:

I set up a Twitter column for the #TopGear hashtag. Couldn't read it, it was just flying past :eek:

17,782 tweets tagged with #topgear from 9pm to 10pm.

So at around 5 per second, it's no surprise your search column was somewhat blurred.

iPlayer doesn't upload for about two to three hours after the show. It's a bit pants TBH. And you have to wait longer if you want to download it.

Thanks Top Gear - you have now pointed me at two gorgeous women I didn't previously appreciate. Joss Stone and Amy MacDonald. Been perving Ms Reilly for a while now so nothing new there.

I know it sounds a bit predictable to say it, but last night's TG was just, well, very predictable.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm properly bored with it. Some occasional funny moments, but it's just recycled gash.