The 2013/14 Transfer rumour thread

billy2shots

As the season gets nearer the rumour mill goes into overdrive.

Who's going where? Who do you want at your club and who is this years rip off or bargain?

The saga of Negredo is over with him looking set to join City.

Likewise Cavani has joined PSG after Chelsea and City refused to pay his buy out sum £55mil!!!!!

Fabregas has been hitting the news all week with Man U very interested in the player and reports an offer of around £25mil being rejected by Barce.

Utd keen on a creative player having lost out on Thiago who chose to join Bayern instead.

Man U being linked with a £60mil offer for Bale this morning.

Wazza Rooney, well anything could happen there.

I still think Robert Lewandowski is a target for a number of Prem clubs and we could see something happen there.

Darren Bent. What on earth has happened there? Regardless of if he stays or goes, Villa will have taken one hell of a financial hit (I won't say I told you so).

Will the Gooners actual buy anyone decent with their pot of gold?

Strongly linked with QPR GK Cesar who now looks set for Napoli and Higuain could also follow suit.

Luis Suarez needs to leave the country due to being treated unfairly so will he end up in London?

My money is on him being a Madrid player before the window shuts.

I think Saints have done well buying Wanyama who should be suited to the Prem.

I tend to treat it all as just noise until the press conference unveiling the player.

The only verified stuff at the moment seems to be that United have made a bid for Fabregas and Chelsea have made a bid for Rooney.

It would be great to see Fabregas back, but surely his future is at Barce - Xavi won't carry on forever. If Mata is approachable he'd make a good alternative.

Unless ridiculous deals are offered, I just can't see Rooney or Suarez going to other Premiership clubs.

I can't see Fabregas leaving Barca. He'd work there for free IMO.

It's crazy that there is so much rumour about Mata being sold. Was possibly their best player last season. Maybe they can't stand his class ;)

Higuain is the most exciting Arsenal news, but I think there is a lot of politicking going on. I think the Arsenal Suarez bid was made to unsettle him to push for him to move to Madrid so Gonzo can get out. But now Napoli have waded into it with a bid from their Cavani money so it's got even more complicated.

Sounds like Moyes doesn't know how to handle Rooney. The quote I heard about him being a back up to van Persie was stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Chelsea to make a point. Otherwise, PSG would probably be the least "foreign" option abroad.

Lewandowski won't go anywhere other than Bayern. He's already made that very clear. Otherwise he'd be a very reasonable purchase for anyone in the Prem.

I can't see Fabregas leaving Barca. He'd work there for free IMO.

It's crazy that there is so much rumour about Mata being sold. Was possibly their best player last season. Maybe they can't stand his class ;)

Higuain is the most exciting Arsenal news, but I think there is a lot of politicking going on. I think the Arsenal Suarez bid was made to unsettle him to push for him to move to Madrid so Gonzo can get out. But now Napoli have waded into it with a bid from their Cavani money so it's got even more complicated.

Sounds like Moyes doesn't know how to handle Rooney. The quote I heard about him being a back up to van Persie was stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Chelsea to make a point. Otherwise, PSG would probably be the least "foreign" option abroad.

Lewandowski won't go anywhere other than Bayern. He's already made that very clear. Otherwise he'd be a very reasonable purchase for anyone in the Prem.

World cup next year. Cesc does not start in the big games for Barce or Spain. Yes he can wait another year or two for Xavi to retire but then he will not make the starting XI for Spain next year.

I don't think Mata Will go anywhere but with Jose who knows.

Aweful quote from Moyes or brilliant. If he wants rid of Rooney saying this sort of thing will make Wazza jump rather than needing to be pushed.

Dortmund will not sell to Bayern this year meaning he will go there for free next summer. If they want to cash in they may do a deal to another club this season. Lewandowski has stated he will only join Bayern but footballers say a lot of things.

The sooner Rooney fecks off, the better. Simple. Disruptive, poor form and petulant just because another striker has performed better.

If we finish 10th without him, so be it. The club is bigger than the player and always will be.

There is no blame on Moyes whatsoever. Rooney is determined to go, so let him.

Agreed. He needs to go.

He's a bloody idiot, though - at one of the biggest clubs in world football, living close to his family, yet he's not happy.

He got a massive break from the United faithful over the City incident - but this time, he has to go - and I think it'll send out a message that Moyes isn't to be messed with, right from the start.

I guess the Rooney situation is all about money now. Rooney wants to go, Man U don't want him but have to pretend otherwise so they can get as much money as possible for him.

Looks like City have added Stevan Jovetic to the the ranks. Really liked him a couple of years back but the season before last he had a real bad injury and was out for months. Haven't seen much of him in the last year but when I did he looked less of a player post injury.

Reina to Napoli is being talked about this morning.

For me United will still make the signing of the window. If not Bale or Fabregas then another big player, possibly Baines or Fellaini.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't bid for Benteke - and offer Rooney as a direct swap.:grin:

I rate him a lot and I can only presume there is a problem somewhere for nobody to have shown interest.

Seriously? There is plenty of interest in him, but the £25m on someone who is still a bit of a punt is too much. He had a good season, but I think it will be interesting to see if he has a "difficult second season"

Kevin Phillips has done pretty well at crap teams. I'm not disagreeing with you, but £25m was going to be a big gamble that no one thought was worth it, evidently. I remember the previous season Andreas Weimann looked a good forward, but didn't push on last season.

Aston Villa may have made Benteke sign a contract until 2017, but he won't be there after next summer.

It's not a rumour Simon Ferry has just signed for Pompey. Who? I hear you ask. Exactly.

But apparently he's very good down in the lower leagues, won League 2 with Swindon and got to the league 1 play offs twice as well with them.

According to other teams fans we're buying the league, this is after having spent the princely sum of fack all on players and having a wage budget which is lower mid table in the division despite having sold 10,500 season tickets.

How times have changed stooh, Bournemouth playing at a higher level than Pompey having just played a friendly with Real Madrid.

Hope Portsmouth get back to where they belong (lowish in the championship).

lowish in the championship :roflmao:

I think realistically we're a championship level side but like to think we're a top third side with the occasional dalliance with the top division Palace/Watford spring to mind. The biggest problem we've got is 50 years of under investment on infrastructure. The spunking of cash on players and lack of investment of any kind during the premier league years has probably set us back another 20 years as everyone else has moved ahead. It's a slow grind, i'd like to think we could get back to the Championship in the next 5-7 years but we'll need a good few more to start being competitive at that level again.

League One is a very tough division to get out of - seemingly in either direction for Oldham. :P

I wouldn't want to predict who will be fighting for promotion. The only certainty is some 'big' clubs will miss out.

Yeah but we're league 2 now +++

Keep up :P

Interested to hear what people make of the Suarez shenanigans.

I think he's a hugely talented footballer and after the World Cup and the first few months of his Liverpool tenure would've been happy to have him in the squad. But with the race rows, diving and a few childish bites of opposition players, I'm really torn about spending a fortune on such a baggage-laden player who contradicts most of the values of the club. Can he be taught to shut his mouth and stop diving? Maybe we can put a muzzle on him.