The 2013/14 Transfer rumour thread

billy2shots

Ah, I see. Not sure I remember the last time he said that. Maybe it's about time we had someone re-awaken that little gem. Otherwise, pfft 'values'.

I was also more concerned about having a player with a history of racist issues playing for a team with the most racially diverse fan base in the country.

Edited by m4ttm4son

I think the Suarez deal (if it goes through) will show that Wengers mentality has changed.

He has always kept a cap on the money he spends and the player had to fit his ideals.

I think that's gone out the window now and need for results and trophies are the greater priority.

For me, this transfer window is all about Bale. If he goes to Real then I don't think we will see many more big names moves.

If he stays at Spurs then I think Real will get Suarez. This will leave Arsenal short of options having lost Higuain also.

With Wengers need for a striker so great and the fans desperate for a star signing, I could see an all out attempt to get Rooney.

So should spurs sell? Reports over the last couple of days from various sources suggest Real have made an £85 mil bid for Bale and the offer has been on the table for around a week.

Of course we want to see the best players play in our leagues but IMHO spurs would be crazy not to accept. Take the cash or £70m plus Modric (real still owe spurs money for him) or Di Maria, buy Soldado and another 1 or 2 players and Spurs will still have made a huge profit on Bale.

3 quality players would make them a better team.

It's been a little quiet on the tranfer front, I wish a big move would go through to have a knock on effect for many clubs. If Real get Bale then you would imagine they will listen to ofeers for other players. Modric maybe as they signed Isco (wish city got him he will be world class in a couple of years). Di Maria would be pushed out by Bale's arrival I would have thought.

It would also end the option of signing Suarez so would that put Arsenal back in the race? I wouldn't put it past City to off load Dzeko and snap up Suarez.

with all this extra TV money I thought there may have been more deals done at this point but maybe that will happen in the next couple of weeks. Norwich seem to have pushed the boat out about.

It could have been better. First one I saw was something about someone nicking his VW Beetle, I think.

Has anyone made a Downfall parody about there being another f*cking downfall parody? I saw the one moaning about YouTube taking down all the downfall parodies :grin:

Word is, Arsenal have signed Mattias Ginter for £6m a top German young defensive player.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems Wenger may be panicked into bidding for Micah Richards. Make it over £20M please, Arsene - Oldham get 20%. :grin:

Elsewhere, United make a combined bid of £28M for Fellaini and Baines. A bid that was 'swiftly and angrily rejected' by Everton.

Presumably with the words, "Are you taking the fúcking píss?" :P

Fellaini had a minimum fee clause in his contract (£22-£24m???) and Everton were delighted it expired at the end of July as they value him more than that.

Utd had a £12m bid for Baines rejected yet they bid £28m for the pair. Crazy just crazy. I am sure some would say that's negotiating but I would say that's taking the pi55 and time wasting.

Apparently the clause was £23.5M. Today's bid was £12M for Baines (i.e. the same as that rejected in June) plus £16M for Fellaini - £7.5M less than that now expired minimum fee clause...

Makes me think changing Chief Executive and Manager at the same time was a bigger mistake than it may have seemed. I can't imagine David Gill would have píssed about like this all summer.