The 2013/14 Transfer rumour thread

billy2shots

It doesn't make any difference to me who wins, cos it ain't gonna be Newcastle. I think all 3 are title contenders but the difference this year is the other 2 have finally got managers who can get the best out of their squads. Coinciding with purple face leaving. Hence I genuinely think you'll finish 3rd this year.

Let's see how vocal City fans are at the end of the season, because they went remarkably quiet again last year.....:grin:

One win against a team destined to struggle this year and it's all football talk again! :roflmao:

New season new hope. In truth the TSN football posts can provoke some of us so I chose to bite my tongue until I felt I was in control of it. It must be working because I didn't bring the Darren Bent thread back to life with us disagreeing with who was the better signing Bent for Villa or Dzeko for city.

Much as it pains me to say it, my top four is

Chelsea

City

United

Spurs

In that order. Although much depends on how new players and managers gel. Best summer business by far has been by City, but Chelsea have also (quietly) bought very well and are stronger than last season. Spurs have also done amazingly well - seemingly spending much of the Bale money before it was secure... Two best signings of the summer for me are Navas and Paulinho.

United will defend the title. It'll be close, but they'll defend it and be Champions again.

Chelsea win finish second.

Pellegrini will be sacked when City have lost 3 by Christmas. I question the man completely. Yes they've gone and taken the 'buy the title' approach again and this time made some good signings, but I have severe doubts about him being anything like as tactically astute as some make out. They'll finish third, but not under his management.

The rest is anyones. I do expect Spurs to beat Arsenal in the final standings this year though, Bale or no Bale.

I almost look forward to this season panning out. If Arsenal don't get the players in before the end of the window, we're f*cked. Spurs will finish above us for the first time in however many years and think they've won the World Cup.

Man U will not win the league this season. Fergie isn't the man in the dugout/ on the training pitch/ in the half time team talks any more. Moyes is a very good manager, but Fergie won the league last season with these players and I don't think anyone else could. Nothing has been added to it.

No idea how long the love-in and honeymoon will last with Maureen. He's already getting on my t1ts again.

If Pellegrini has any man management skills he won't need too much in the way of tactics with these players. Wenger's never been a master tactician and he did pretty well when he had the superstars.

I couldn't be bothered to read from the start - so I cant remember if Ive kept out of this one.

Anyway - I think we were unlucky last night - not because of ref decisions or anything like that, but because a clueless bunch of thick-skulled owner suckups + owner wont F'k off and do something else instead - either show some interest or get lost. Anyway now I've got that out of my system, I think we'll bounce back and we have a real chance of bottom 5 this season. My local, regular bookie actually didn't want to take my money this season as he said 30 years of throwing it away every year, he feel a bit guilty now taking it.

I think this seasons champs will again be won on goal difference decided on final games of the season.

Ronnie back to Old Trafford, please.

Christ, we need it.

I never wanted Moyes - and he's done nothing so far to prove me wrong. I'll stick behind him, because I trust Fergie's judgement... but he needs to do something very quickly.

Oh my. You call yourself a fan? You should be ashamed.

Give yourself a shake.

Oh my. You call yourself a fan? You should be ashamed.

Give yourself a shake.

I said Moyes wasn't the right man for the job when it was first rumoured, years ago - I stuck by this when it became apparent he'd got the job - and I'll stick by this until he proves otherwise.

From what I've seen so far he's churning out the same dirge that had Everton fans saying his time was up a year or two back - and the worry is that I really can't see any top class players waking up one morning with an ambition to play for him.

3 games. Are you in some kind of state of dreamland?

You're not a fan if you're seriously questioning a manager after 3 games. You're a typical United glory hunter who the club doesn't need.

Go on Twitter and join the 18-25 year old's who have known nothing other than success.

If you'd been around in the mid 80's I'm guessing you'd have been baying for Fergusons head when we had 5 years of nothing too?

Deluded. Support the manager, support the club. Other fans, at other clubs, do this. Come the end of the season we'll be there or thereabouts - and even if we're not, I'd expect a fan to support any manager following the greatest in British football history. It is a joke not to.

Did you read anything I said? - I have never, not once, thought that Moyes was the man for the job. How that makes me any less of a supporter, I don't know.

I was around, living in Manchester, through the dark days of the 70s and 80s, so I've been there and done that.

I'll accept that Fergie must know something I don't about Moyes - I just hope he finds that something before we start the downward spiral seen at Liverpool in the 90s.

3 games.

You need to read what you said, not me.

Now you're talking about a downward spiral like Liverpool? I really can't be bothered. You're no fan. Fickle to the core if you genuinely see today as another other than an early season blip of no consequence whatsoever.

Perhaps you've forgotten that on the opening day of last season our first game ended in a 1-0 defeat.... Everton under Moyes! :roflmao:

Laughable. I'll say no more.

It's not about 3 games - it's about his 11 years of average dullness at Everton.

Many Everton fans were glad to see the back of him - he may have got them into top 6 finishes and left the club on a sound financial footing - but they were sick of the dire standard of football he was delivering. That's why I don't have any belief in him - it's nothing to do with the last couple of games (although they've just carried on the theme of his Everton reign).

I wanted someone dynamic, exciting (like Jürgen Klopp, for example) - but what we've got is someone from the Maureen school of boredom.

Well Spurs look like they have a complete new team. They will take time to settle and play as a unit but they all look very capable players who are very happy on the ball and don't mind keeping hold of it. We look a bit fragile at the back though and Kyle Walker had a terrible game today. Although we lost I feel we can move forward as a team with this squad.

MrMe, you're going way off the handle. Moyes will need a good number of games to settle and work out how to be manager of Man Utd. Fergie is a tough act to follow and hasn't done it so far. I think you'll be third or fourth this season unless something happens in the transfer market for you.

The rumours I'm hearing for Arsenal sound good, but that's not good enough, we need to ACTUALLY sign a few to bolster this first XI who are obviously good enough for top four. Without a squad you can't do anything, though.

As long as Sp*rs don't lose too many points before Christmas, they'll be up there when they've gelled later in the season.

United's problem isn't Moyes. He will prove to be a worthy manager. The problem has been the change of Chief Executive - and that change being at the same time as the change of manager. With David Gill in place, United's transfer dealings would have been concluded two months ago, as usual. Now they're in the last day scrap and looking like missing out on all their first options.

Arsenal have just signed Ozil for £42m.

This pleases me, but only because he's going straight into my fantasy league team. I'll be hanging fire until after the deadline first though - mainly to see what if anything happens to Mata, that could spark a whole flurry of transfers and wildcard usage for Old 'n' Arthritic... :P