Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

Ferrari 458 itallia review

92 posts in this topic

Im doing my first "trackday" on sat. It's a charity day at Bruntingthorpe giving rides to "disabled kids and under privileged people" - whatever that means. It's only £10 to get on track and all money goes towards a cancer charity. Not sure if there will be any fund raising. I know little less about it but was asked to give my support so more than happy to help. Should give me a greater understanding of the cars abilities too :)

Good man, I'm sure you'll make some kiddies year being driven around in your car +++

Good man, I'm sure you'll make some old boys year being driven around in your car +++

Corrected........

where do I sign.

Im doing my first "trackday" on sat. It's a charity day at Bruntingthorpe giving rides to "disabled kids and under privileged people" - whatever that means. It's only £10 to get on track and all money goes towards a cancer charity. Not sure if there will be any fund raising. I know little less about it but was asked to give my support so more than happy to help. Should give me a greater understanding of the cars abilities too :)

You utterly pleasant chap +++

I thought blokes in Fezzas and the like are supposed to be uncharitable b@stards.

Took a nice pic earlier. Just got it back from the shop. I'm going to use her all weekend :)

lpost-1352-137914502721_thumb.jpg

You're more likely to get away with a smaller front plate than rear, but they've got to catch you first, and I don't see plod keeping up with that! :grin:

As long as the spacing and font sizing is legal then I'd guess that you're ok?

Is that sized number plate not a instant pull?

Im not sure. Problem with the 458 is the front was simply not designed to wear a plate. There is no where for it to go at all. I had to get a make shift bracket that comes from under the car. With a full size plate getting in to my underground car park it just scrapes, to the point it just fell off. This small plate is the best compromise I can think of . Most 458 owners do not have a plate full stop. I didn't originally but got pulled and given a £60 fine and telling off. If this plate is not cool it going to make the car even more expensive to run...

When do people every get pulled for a front plate?

[edit] Whilst typing Wopum's proved me wrong! :roflmao: [/edit]

If plods coming towards you if he really gonna stop, turnaround and give chase?

If he's behind then he won't know.

I saw loads of Golf owners at the Ace Cafe a few years back without any front plates and they said they never had grief.

Oh but remember to park nose in.

When do people every get pulled for a front plate?

If plods coming towards you if he really gonna stop, turnaround and give chase?

If he's behind then he won't know.

I saw loads of Golf owners at the Ace Cafe a few years back without any front plates and they said they never had grief.

Oh but remember to park nose in.

Outside h r owen service department London the police must make their Caribbean Christmas holiday every year. They sit outside and wait for each Ferrari to drive past of which over 70% do not sport a plate. I was furious but what can you do...

Handy pic showing the traditional factory plate size behind a cut down plate still using legal full sized font.

79 mm character height with 11mm spacing and 11mm edge are the minimum measurements. Therefore 100/101mm minimum height and approx 460 mm length, obviously less for that plate

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067666.pdf

post-3281-137914502746_thumb.jpg

I believe I may have done a naughty :

Also getting it lowered so not driving in stilts and a focused geo.

It shall be epic ! :)

3 people like this

I believe I may have done a naughty :

Also getting it lowered so not driving in stilts and a focused geo.

It shall be epic ! :)

Sweet baby jesus that is going to be maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadnesss! :D

Haha, apparently capritso cheated in that! That car was

heavily modified to spit those flames - cats were at peak temperature,

and it also has Capristo manifolds. They also thermally insulated the

entire exhaust system from the manifolds back, and it has an ECU re-map

It will however sound epic and probably get on to trackdays in quiet mode. Can't wait ! :)

:D

This thread just puts a smile on my face!

The only man on a detox programme and toxifying himself at the same time!

I'm leaving tomorrow , finally ! What a lovely thing to be back I :)