Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AudiPartner

5 GT - deposit paid

28 posts in this topic

Ok so I don't have to hand the Merc back until end of October, but I've gone over my mileage allowance so decided I'd start looking, and if the right car came up between now and then I'd buy it.

That was a week ago lol. But you know what it's like...

So I had pretty much written of the 535D as my modest £20k budget wouldn't allow it. Shame, extra power, exhausts both sides, but never mind. But then I saw one that seemed pretty cheap, so I enquired, bounced a few emails and then boom, deposit paid, just £600 over my budget. Main dealer too so 12 months proper warranty and 12 months tax. Also, which the dealer didn't advertise but I discovered from BMW UK, the car has the Maintenance Pack until Sept 2015. Or 60,000 miles, and the car is already on 49k, but if I go easy I might even be able to get 2 service out of it?? That's a touch.

Will give the Merc back early, save 5% on my last two payments and save 10.8 pence per mile. Stick that saving towards a DMS remap I suppose. :)

No but I already have some really excellent ones on order, paid for with the money I saved. The slippers are velcro fastening which I know is frowned upon, but I get on well with them.

Edited by AudiPartner

I know the 5GT gets a lot of abuse on here, but I think they are a great mile muncher.

What colour/spec have you got ?

Sophisto Grey Xirallic

Venetian Beige

Maint. Pack

Reverse assist

Surround View

Headlight wash

Pro Loudspeaker

Visibility Pack

Pro Media Pack

Dynamic Pack

Panoramic Roof (which despite being standard, some don't have??)

Sounds great, pretty much fully loaded. Where's your pics then ????!!!!!

Come on, you know I'm not going to jeopardise this moment with a dealer picture, wait until I get it home!! I wouldn't even do that if it was a 911, but being a 5GT (BMW not Renault) I'm definitely not doing it; it's gonna need all the help it can get bless it's big heart.

I might get the Missus sprawled across the bonnet with her cans out, that oughta do it!!

I think you need to see, sit and then spend time inside a 5 GT to truly understand what they're about.

A 7 series with brilliant interior space and hatch practicality.

I think it's an excellent purchase and that engine is an absolute stormer.

and I think it's something ridiculous like 700Nm of torque !

:D

Yeeeeah, it's all about that Evolve remap isn't it? Looks like they have a franchise just near Gatwick, that'll do. AD Automotive or something... will pay them a visit before long I'm sure.

Yeeeeah, it's all about that Evolve remap isn't it? Looks like they have a franchise just near Gatwick, that'll do. AD Automotive or something... will pay them a visit before long I'm sure.

Don't bother with a franchise. Just give Imran a call at their office in Luton. Ask for the Evolve-R box and it's all done. Think MrMe has a box as it happens. That way you can put the map on and off for servicing, etc...

Don't bother with a franchise. Just give Imran a call at their office in Luton. Ask for the Evolve-R box and it's all done. Think MrMe has a box as it happens. That way you can put the map on and off for servicing, etc...

Ok well I'll speak to Chris before I call Imran. :)

I realise I'm kind of talking to myself here, but when I started looking at these seriously a couple of weeks ago, I put 11 of them in "My Garage" on the AT app.

10 of them are now "No longer available". See, they're good cars!

You're talking to yourself again :P

And you're going to get how much sleep tonight...? :D

Because my birds gonna have her cans out??

:roflmao:

10 out of 11 have sold? I suppose for a 2nd hand car, they are a bargain.

Look forward to seeing the pics mate... not everyone on here thinks they're poop +++

they are a lot of car for the money. One of my David Lloyds is sponsored by Stephen James BMW and they always have some sort of BM or Mini up on the pavement on the way in. This weeks car? 5GT. On the pavement. Sh1t dog, that car BIG.

Ironically my wife describes the 5 GT as looking like a dog hunched over taking a sh1t :)