Cool bike vids

Mort

But then you aren't submerging it in water, engines have breathers on them, petrol tanks have caps that aren't water tight and breathers too.

They aren't hermetically sealed, they are sealed well enough to survive rain or a mis placed hose pipe, but not being fully submerged.

Edited by Tipex

Still trying to understand how oil comes out?

I've also seen loads of vids of bikes submerged with the engine running so they've gulped in water and stalled and then after pumping the water out starting and being fine. That wouldn't happen with ranks full of water and water in with the oil.

If water can get in, oil can get out, the crankcase breathers, for example, lead directly in to the crankcase, which is full of oil sloshing around.

Try turning your bike upside down, and see if anything comes out, it will.

If an engine gulps in water through the air intake, then you can get lucky and re start it, there's a good chance you'll break lots of engine internals, but if not you'd definitely want to change the oil very soon indeed.

Edited by Tipex

Depends how long they are upside down for I guess, centrifugal force will keep the fluids in the bottom of the engine when doing flips and stuff.

I guess if it's a two stroke and has the oil mixed with the petrol it might be ok? The fuel tank would still need a breather though, otherwise it would implode.

• 3 weeks later...

So smooth and doing it all by the book. Impressive riding and such much more noticeable when compared with amateurs.

Shame he missed that bend otherwise a faultless session and so well behaved around the other riders.

Class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So the new adventure bikes are too big and heavy for off-road.....?

HD and fullscreen is a must for this!

He's a hell of a rider Chris Birch. He lives not far from us. I rode a trial with him a while back.  Impressive skills... 

Edited by Mort
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...